wheels bedlined and tires installed

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

wheels bedlined and tires installed

Postby not on the rug » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:14 am

toyo open country at2. 285-70-17

gotta say that I love these tires so far. great road manners. barely any noise. excellent in the rain.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Looks great!

canderso

Postby canderso » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:49 am

Nice job. I had the Toyo Open Country tires on an old full sized Jeep Cherokee. They were nice tires.

At 32.8" overall diameter, do you have any fitment or rubbing issues while turning or articulating the suspension?

not on the rug

tires

Postby not on the rug » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:58 am

I really do like the tires a lot. and the price was good

no issues with rubbing, but the front did need to get hit with the heat gun and pushed back a bit. the 4wd shop I went to did it for me. they are one of the best shops around.

as for articulation rubbing issues, I haven't really had the chance to take it offroading yet, so I can't really say. I would imagine that there will be a bit of rubbing under compression. that's just my guess though. there are some other guys here with the rancho lifts and the same sized tires. maybe someone else can chime in

canderso

Postby canderso » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a similar lift as you, although I went the Bilstein route vs the Rancho. I am waiting to finish wearing out the tread on my factory Radial Long Trails and then move to a set of 33" tires.

Toyo Open Country is on the list as well as Goodyear Silent Armor and BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO. All are 32.8" overall diameter and seem to meet my general needs (light off-roading, mostly on highway use).

I really wouldn't mind looking at the BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 or the Goodyear Duratracs, just on looks alone. But I suspect their tread life and on road manners would suffer compared to the others. Not necessarily concerned with the noise of the larger treads, but also want to keep my needs in front of my likes.

not on the rug

tires

Postby not on the rug » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:26 am

it came down to the AT2s or the Duratracs for me. in the end, price won out. I've read nothing but great things about both of those tires.

as for the bfgs, a lot of people like them and they are a super popluar truck tire. I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. my dad had them on his truck and they were great off road, but I wasn't impressed with their road manners at all. these toyos drive way better on the road. and since i do most of my driving on the road, i went with the toyos

+1 on the needs vs likes. if i had my way, i'd be doing some heavy mods and sticking 35s on it. it would look sick. but it would drive like crap and get me 10mpgs.

iheartmypathy

Postby iheartmypathy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:21 pm

looks great!! :)

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”