Genuine Nissan Navigation Docking

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Jerseyparts

Postby Jerseyparts » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:13 am

No Problem, If it means making a customer happy, they can wake me up any time...

I know you got the parts already, and I sent UPS to pick up the wrong part.
Thanks for being patient, and taking the time to drive down here to straighten it out.

Brian

SoTex

Postby SoTex » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:15 pm

MARKSPATH wrote:
bbermann wrote:Are you using the Bluetooth capability for your cell phone? If so, how is that working for you and did you have to do any additional work (ie.: adding a separate microphone?).
FYI, I've got the 760 with Bluetooth in the Nissan housing. People couldn't hear me, even with all the windows closed and sitting still in traffic. I bought the Garmin external mic -- total waste of money. The wire is plenty long, easily routed through the dash, up the driver A-pillar, across the headliner and clipped it to the side of the sunglass housing. Unfortunately, there must be no shielding, and the long wire acted as an antenna, picking up and amplifying every bit of electronic interference imaginable from the electronics and ignition system. The whine was so bad the first time I tried it out that my test subject (my daughter) and I nearly went deaf from the noise, and you could barely hear each others' voice over the whine.

What's needed hear is either a well-shielded cable or differential signal across twisted pair to negate the interference. When I get the time I'll look into trying to build something with shielded cable, but I already have enough electronics projects to not want to tackle designing a differential audio system anytime soon.

Save your money and do what I did: buy a $25 Plantronics bluetooth headset from Costco, and just disable the GPS bluetooth function.
I have a different Garmin in my other car (just bought the 750 for the Path) and can vouch that the bluetooth in Garmins don't seem to work too well.

I'm hoping to install the 750 this month. I still need to buy the housing. I also installed the majority of the Harman Kardon kit for the ipod, but I need the AAC-1, 2, whatever adapter as the FM transmitter stinks (the ant in the back of the Path kills any chance of it working well).

Any suggestions?

SoTex

Postby SoTex » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Well, I just finished the install of the 750. Got it at Costco for $199 and then the housing at the dealer for $110. It was worth not spending hours finding the best deal and then waiting for shipment.

The install can be just like in the other forum, but I followed the printed instructions and everything went well (I wasn't sure if I could follow the other instructions because the poster specified a non-CD changer and I have the Bose CD Changer, but for the record it was still a green/black wire).

I'd post pics but they'd be almost identical to what he already posted.

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Hello guys new to site here recently purchased an used 05 for my Wife , I gotta say luv the suv ... I was looking for factory acessories and also purchased the Docking station , got a garmin 750 limited edition with the piano black , and gotta admit the install was pretty easy instructions were up to point very nice im pleased and will post pics later this week ,

I did have a problem afterwards my Front passenger air bag status light does not goes off and keeps flashing ,,,,

do you guys think if by disconecting the battery it will reset itself, when I did the install I did not disconnett the negative terminal like it said to do ....any suggestion , nav powers up and powers down with no issues so the installed I know is good

help please !!!!

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 pm

it may reset if you disconnect the negative. or you can go to autozone and borrow the scanner, if you know how to use it you can reset it with that. the autozone guy wont tell you how and aren't allowed to do it for you.

when i installed mine i didnt disconnect anything except the dials for the climate control and didn't have any issues. but then again for some reason my set up wasn't the same as the service manual???

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:42 pm

I see , why didn't I think of that, I will try does things tomorrow weather permiting , we are expecting lots of snow

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Disconnected Negative today for like an hour light is still flashing , guess a trip to dealer will be happening soon , I am 100% sure I tap into the right wire I don't have the Bose system for starters ,

do you think it matters where the ground for the docking station is it was either left or right ???

Roland002

Postby Roland002 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 am

Facevedo17:

I had the same problem with the airbag light when I removed the passenger seat in my 08. To fix it I found some instructions on a Nissan Frontier Forum. I don't have the instructions with me or I would post them. It had something to do with turning the key on and off a certain number of times. Try a google search for "Nissan Airbag Light" or something like that. Hope this helps.[/quote]

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:03 am

hahah Yeah I saw that with the key and tried it and it went away thanks for the heads up I was getting worried there...

douggator

Postby douggator » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Does this docking unit fit any GPS units other then the Garmin? I just got a TomTom (GO 720) for an early Christmas gift and would really like to use this mount.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:13 am

Facevedo17 wrote:hahah Yeah I saw that with the key and tried it and it went away thanks for the heads up I was getting worried there...

hey can you post that link?

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:46 pm

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=226959

Here is the link it works on maximas and Infiniti's this where I got from and gave it a try and worked wonderfully....

SilverGhost

hmmm . . .

Postby SilverGhost » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Is this Garmin Nuvi 750 something I really want? I mean, $100 for the docking station from enissanparts.com and another 200 beans for the 750 at Sam's Club. I'm all for new toys, but I just don't feel compelled to pull the trigger on this one.

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:46 am

I bought a refeurbished from the manafacturer special edition piano black 750 with 2009 maps ....paid 200 works like a charm ....Bluetooh sucks and so does the Fm transmitter....but overall Im Very Happy just need the Nav option

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:10 pm

ok so i have an 06 se with a bose and no nav. can i get this docking station and add the Garmin Nuvi 7? or am i stuck with the coin tray and a window prob?. my bose does not have a screen just your standard double din stereo face plate

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”