Genuine Nissan Navigation Docking

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:19 am

cruzstyle wrote:ok so i have an 06 se with a bose and no nav. can i get this docking station and add the Garmin Nuvi 7? or am i stuck with the coin tray and a window prob?. my bose does not have a screen just your standard double din stereo face plate
If your dash looks like the one in my pictures below (View My Album/Mods) then it will work just fine.............
Triffid

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:37 pm

yes mine looks just like that thank you

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:44 am

I just picked up the Garman 255W from BassPro. They made a mis mark on the website for 179.99 and it was original for 250$. So BP gave it to me for 179.99.

Tech

Postby Tech » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:17 pm

hey Captin Caveman,
Did the 2xx series fit in the dock too?

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Captain, Im curious to know about this as well. I have Garmin 250 and was thinking of getting this docking station, but it seems that these units are using different power plugs. I think its still possible to use the docking station after some alterations, but wanted to hear your feedback if you got this to work already.

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:30 am

Tech wrote:hey Captin Caveman,
Did the 2xx series fit in the dock too?
slavabon wrote:Captain, Im curious to know about this as well. I have Garmin 250 and was thinking of getting this docking station, but it seems that these units are using different power plugs. I think its still possible to use the docking station after some alterations, but wanted to hear your feedback if you got this to work already.
Here's how someone modified their Garmin 2XXW series to work with the navigation dock:

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread ... ing+garmin

guinnessjim

question about install w/ treffic feature

Postby guinnessjim » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:17 am

i don't recall seeing it here, but has anyone installed one of the Nuvi 7xxT in their rigs? if so, did you go the extra mile to enable the traffic feature...saw that someone on the frontier forum had done a mod to use the FM cable...just curious as to how much of a PITA that was (w/o subscribing to the other forum so that i can ask that question)

gracias

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:56 am

I have a 08 Se with a LCD screen I have to windsheild mount mine. :cry:

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm also interested in knowing what all was involved with the required additional wiring to get the real time traffic updates.

I got a 755T from Costco for Christmas and it looks like the real time update feature is linked to the cigarette lighter (accessory) power cord. I checked on Ebay and these cords seem to be going for about $100 so purchasing a second is not going to happen. I'm seriously considering going with the standard Nissan docking station installation (I just ordered this) and saving the accessory charger cord for use in my other vehicle and during my frequent business trips to other states in which I end up in a rental car. These out of town trips are where the Nuvi will be most helpful.

Will I really be missing much by not using the NAVTEC traffic feature? Have any of you had much experience with this?

airborneranger

Postby airborneranger » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:42 pm

For those who this, if the nuvi bracket is removed, is there enough space to make the housing another cubby for putting junk in?

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:03 pm

"For those who this, if the nuvi bracket is removed, is there enough space to make the housing another cubby for putting junk in?"

yes, about 1/6 a cubic foot.

c4ffeineaddict

Postby c4ffeineaddict » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:53 pm

I was thinking of buying the 785T for $179 on Amazon to put in the dock that I installed. It sounds like some people made modifications to use extra features with a 765T. Does anyone know if the newer 700 series models will still power on and function normally on the dock with no additional mods if I do not want to use bluetooth/fm/traffic receiver? I only need the navigation portion.

markspath

Postby markspath » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:56 pm

airborneranger wrote:For those who this, if the nuvi bracket is removed, is there enough space to make the housing another cubby for putting junk in?
Yes, it would make a nice covered cubby. You'd have to find some cushioning material and cut/glue in place to keep things from sliding around. Sears sells rubber mat material to line toolbox drawers, which would work nicely.
c4ffeineaddict wrote:I was thinking of buying the 785T for $179 on Amazon to put in the dock that I installed. It sounds like some people made modifications to use extra features with a 765T. Does anyone know if the newer 700 series models will still power on and function normally on the dock with no additional mods if I do not want to use bluetooth/fm/traffic receiver? I only need the navigation portion.
It will power-on and navigate but no traffic. I don't know about the FM transmitter or Bluetooth, as I didn't test them with the original wiring harness. But the modification is trivial. The hardest part is not losing the tiny screws that holds everything together.

c4ffeineaddict

Postby c4ffeineaddict » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:00 pm

MARKSPATH wrote:
airborneranger wrote:For those who this, if the nuvi bracket is removed, is there enough space to make the housing another cubby for putting junk in?
Yes, it would make a nice covered cubby. You'd have to find some cushioning material and cut/glue in place to keep things from sliding around. Sears sells rubber mat material to line toolbox drawers, which would work nicely.
c4ffeineaddict wrote:I was thinking of buying the 785T for $179 on Amazon to put in the dock that I installed. It sounds like some people made modifications to use extra features with a 765T. Does anyone know if the newer 700 series models will still power on and function normally on the dock with no additional mods if I do not want to use bluetooth/fm/traffic receiver? I only need the navigation portion.
It will power-on and navigate but no traffic. I don't know about the FM transmitter or Bluetooth, as I didn't test them with the original wiring harness. But the modification is trivial. The hardest part is not losing the tiny screws that holds everything together.
Thanks. I got the 785 and it works great. I like how it powers on when I turn the key but I have to push the button to turn it off. Anyone know of a way to have it power off when I turn the car off?

aliahlewis

Postby aliahlewis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 am

Jerseyparts wrote:and here is a link to the docking station:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... logid=6089
Thanks for the link I was looking for the docking station for my GPS system and this one looks really cool and suitable and of course as per my need. So many thanks for giving this links. :)

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”