The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Why did you choose to buy a pathfinder?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patomwazi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when done with this.....if Xterra is still there or Patrol Safari
NmexMAX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrol/Safari > Xterra/Frontier/Pathfinder, IMO.
325/65-18 GYDT’s / 18x9 Fuel Hostage (-12mm/4.5 BS) / PRG RadFlo 2.5 Extended Coilovers ext reservoir / PRG Long Travel UCA’s / AirLift 1000 / 4x4 Parts Medium Duty Rear Springs / PRG RadFlo rear shocks / TAG Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000 / Rocky Road Super Sliders / 3.36 QX56 Differentials / Magnaflow 18” Muffler & Cajun catless B pipes / Bits & Pieces of the Calmini Lift
jman9895

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really isnt much else out there.

I wanted a full frame suv with decent towing capacity. It was a pathfinder, a tahoe or a 4 runner. The pathfinder was over 10k less than the other two so naturally it won.

I do truck upfitting nights and weekends and in the winter time its all about snow plows so I needed something that can get me to wherever I needed to go, no matter what the weather. But at the same time carry my tools and stock, and still look professional enough during the day to show up to meetings both on and off site at my day job. I had a Sorento that used to do all of this but the new ones are unibody pieces of crap.. So here I am.
www.feacebook.com/suburbancustomauto
Pathfinder Build Photo Gallery http://on.fb.me/1kFTREa
patomwazi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NmexMAX wrote:
Patrol/Safari > Xterra/Frontier/Pathfinder, IMO.

Nimex....did you mean this Patrol!!!??

http://www.nissan.com.au/~/media/Images/Hero%20Images/Patrol/black-patrol-img02.ashx Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
kryptek213

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a pathfinder because my parents got a 2013 tahoe and was about to sell my 06 pathfinder then i asked them if i can have it. so they decided to give it to me(free car!! lol). my daily car for now till i get a challenger.
Kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 2006 4Runner with 170,000 trouble free miles and I really did not want to get rid of it but it was getting tired. I pull a 4,300l lb 23ft camper a few times a year so I needed something to pull that. I looked at a new 4Runner but I did not want the big payment and also for 2014 the 4Runner towing capacity has decreased to 4,700 lbs I have know idea why? I looked at a new Path but to be honest I was not crazy about it it just looks like an over glorified Minnie van to me. I happened to be driving passed this used auto dealer and noticed this 2012 PF with only 7,500 miles I drove it and it really fit the bill the dealer gave me a great deal and so far so good.
Brian's Pathy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started out with a Toyota pick up in "the day" and after several trouble free years got sucked into the "buy American " thing.

After several Fords and a Dodge that ate up lots of time and $$$s to keep in the road, I bought a 1995 Nissan Quest. Boom, pretty much trouble free for 5 years and a great family car that also towed our camper well.

In the meantime we owned and drove an '03 Q45 that still is the greatest car I ever drove. After that the choice of another Nissan product was easy and as others have mentioned the need for 6 pasengers plus towing capacity led to the Pathy.

I did my research here and on other forums and found one in "the signature color", 25 miles away with a fresh trans and radiator <10k miles ago and pulled the trigger. It has been great averages 18mpg+ towing the camper, comfortable and fun to drive.

It will serve our needs till the Diesel Titan drops into the 2-4 year old, <60k miles range so I can buy one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: