Michelin LTX MS2 update

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Michelin LTX MS2 update

Postby skinny2 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:45 am

Thought I'd do another update on these. I was measuring tread last night and it reminded me of an older discussion.

OEM tires were the Generals and were complete scrap by 34k miles.

Replaced with Michelin LTX MS2's in Nov 2010 and got 47k miles out of them. They were only down to 8/32nds but I had an alignment problem that wore the insides a lot more so I tossed them.

Replaced those with another set in Nov 2012 and have 23k miles on them. Currently wearing perfect and have 10/32nd remaining. At this rate I may get 60k out of them if I can keep the alignment in check.

Really have no complaints about these. They do quite good in light snow and ice, quiet, good handling, and fairly comfortable. I'm offroad (mining roads) regularly and have never cut one. Just stay out of the deep mud and they'll get you where you need to go. I've thought about going to the AT but I prefer these on-road which is where I spend the vast majority of my time. I wish they made these in a size that would fit my wifes Acura MDX. That thing has glorified car tires and it's not that impressive in the snow.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”