Brake Speed Bleeders with anti-siphon

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

kckranz

Brake Speed Bleeders with anti-siphon

Postby kckranz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:51 am

Need to (want to) bleed the brakes on my 2005 2WD.

Several years ago I bled the brakes on my Cadillac Seville using a "speed bleed" valve. There was a mechanism inside it to disallow air to enter back into the system while pumping, making this a "one man" process - no need to keep tightening and loosening the valve. Keep the reservoir full and keep pumping until fluid runs clear, hook hose up to valve and drain into clear container - took me about 15 minutes.

Anyone used these speed bleeders and have a part number? I thought there were several companies that made them.

Or, anyone have the the thread / pitch of the OEM valve?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:50 am

I've always used a vacuum bleeder kit. Hose goes from the bleeder screw to a plastic container. Another hose goes from the plastic container to a vacuum pump. Hand pump to create a vacuum in the system, crack open the bleeder and the fluid gets pulled in to the container. Close the bleeder and move on to the next wheel. Top of the master cylinder.

Dim.

Postby Dim. » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:43 am

Air should not get into system if you submerge hose into fluid. It could siphon old fluid back but you still could do it alone if you stick something between pedal and sit after you pumped pedal.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”