General Questions about 2005 XE model

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

kckranz

General Questions about 2005 XE model

Postby kckranz » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 am

Folks - I have recently acquired a 2005 model XE and have a few questions:

1. Does the second row middle seat recline?
2. I was at the dealership getting some touch-up paint and since he had my VIN up I asked him how much $ for the step rails - he said that the step rails are not available for my vehicle? Does this make sense? I looked under the vehicle and saw mounting points where I could not imagine another application besides step rails. If I buy the rails, does all the mounting hardware come with it? Incidently, for those who think the rails are tacky anyway, I more-or-less agree but have a short pregnant wife!

Thanks, everyone.

MonkeyMike

Re: General Questions about 2005 XE model

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:59 am

kckranz wrote:Folks - I have recently acquired a 2005 model XE and have a few questions:

2. I was at the dealership getting some touch-up paint and since he had my VIN up I asked him how much $ for the step rails - he said that the step rails are not available for my vehicle? Does this make sense? I looked under the vehicle and saw mounting points where I could not imagine another application besides step rails. If I buy the rails, does all the mounting hardware come with it? Incidently, for those who think the rails are tacky anyway, I more-or-less agree but have a short pregnant wife!

Thanks, everyone.
1. there should be a strap on the part of the seat you sit on. when you pull it, the bottom of the seat should simply rotate forward. also, there should be a 2-3 inch strap / loop on the passenger side lower corner of the backrest portion of the seat. if you pull that on, the seat back should rotate forward and lay flat. it is hard to explain in words, but look for the loops where the seat bottom meets the seat back. ..... i stand corrected. see following response from triffid

2. step rails were probably not provided, but the mounting studs should be there anyway. double check by looking at the frame rails, under the passenger compartment. you should see 3 studs projecting from the frame. you can buy rails from courtesy parts. Running Boards @ Courtesy Parts, or someone (i.e. NVSteve) may chime in and offer to sell you their used ones.

~mike
Last edited by MonkeyMike on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:01 am

No

2. Side rails should fit just fine

Gray

Re: General Questions about 2005 XE model

Postby Gray » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:40 am

kckranz wrote:Folks - I have recently acquired a 2005 model XE and have a few questions:

On your truck do the two outside middle row seats recline? From this review of 2005 XE base models it seems like the middle row should be completely folding at least;

"2005 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD Summary

Add a part-time 4-wheel drive system to the XE and you get the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD, with more room, an extra third row of seats, and a powerful 4.0-liter, 270-hp DOHC V6 and new 5-speed automatic transmission. Front and rear independent double wishbone suspension improves handling, and the 2005 Pathfinder XE 4WD comes with 4-wheel ABS brakes, traction and stability control, a tire pressure monitor, and 16-inch alloy wheels. Standard dual front airbags can be supplemented by side impact bags for each row.

For the cheapest of the Pathfinders, you still get a good set of features, including power windows, locks, and mirrors, cruise control, a trip computer, tachometer, intermittent front and rear wipers, a CD player, security system, and enough storage compartments and holders to keep a family happy on long trips. A roof rack and trailer hitch (up to 6000 pounds capacity) are standard, and the small 16 cubic foot cargo area expand to 79 cubic feet with with both rear rows and the front passenger seat folded down. Drivers of the 2005 Pathfinder XE 4WD seem to like its power and roominess, but complain about the cheap-looking materials and low 15/21 mpg."

From these pictures it appears like the 05 XE has the same folding 2nd row seats as subsequent PF models;

Last edited by Gray on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:52 am

All the second row seats will fold down (forward) but the center seat will not recline (back) because it can be used as a child safety seat anchor point... The two outboard second row seats will recline (back) only one or two clicks.............. Triffid

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:57 am

I always hated the way step rails looked .... and was going to remove them from my SE ... But after having them for a while , with 2 kids and seeing how well they protect the paint ... I love them ..... And I dont have to lean way down to clean the frame rail like on my old Frontier ...

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:30 am

1. By recline I assume you mean lean back. Unless they changed something, you tug on the strap on the lower right and the middle seat leans back just like the outer two seats. Mines an '08 so maybe this is a new feature.

2. I'd be surprised if the step rails didn't bolt right in. Nissans seem to be like big tinkertoys. I've added the factory fog lights, roof rails, tow hook, and skid plates and they were all easy bolt-ins with all the mounts already there.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:32 am

Triffid wrote:The two outboard second row seats will recline (back) only one or two clicks.............. Triffid
Mine have 7 different reclining positions. Try it starting at the most vertical position and just keep pushing it back until it locks, then again, etc.

Kckranz, where are you located? You can have my step rails for free, although "free" is relative to shipping costs, which may be more than they cost new (I have no idea).

kckranz

Thanks

Postby kckranz » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks, everyone - very helpful information - yes I was referring to reclining the middle seat back. The two outboard seats do recline a couple of clicks but if you are stuck in the middle you're almost sitting at a right angle!

NVSteve - PM Sent - Thanks!

MonkeyMike

Re: Thanks

Postby MonkeyMike » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:30 am

kckranz wrote:Thanks, everyone - very helpful information - yes I was referring to reclining the middle seat back. The two outboard seats do recline a couple of clicks but if you are stuck in the middle you're almost sitting at a right angle!
doh, maybe i should read carefully before i post!!!

pull the loop on the middle seat's passenger side hinge... it should recline. unless this "feature" wasnt available on the PF that year.

~mike

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 am

The option did came on that year. I say this because I own one exactly like KC's. It took me a while to find all the perks and options this baby came with but I figured out. Just followed the direction provided by everyone here and you should be fine.

I am also looking for the sidesteps because it came without them as well, does any one know a good site I could buy them from.

kckranz

Thanks to Steve

Postby kckranz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:07 am

Got the rails from Steve and they look great - easy to install - and my wife likes them. Thanks!

By the way, I need to pick up an impact socket to remove / install my wheel nuts. It appears to be a 20mm socket - can someone confirm? Thanks.

thetiger - I've seen your avatar - do you also frequent military surplus gun forums?

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:37 pm

No KC, I just liked the picture.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”