Cruise Control

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

08OR

Cruise Control

Postby 08OR » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:37 pm

Howdy all: new to forum, first post.

Wondering if anyone has had the following CC issue: it disengages on steep uphill grades (well, one in particular; TX 118 just north of Study Butte, Terlingua).

It does not power off, only unsets. This is troubling when I'm motoring along at 70mph (the speed limit) and suddenly,... no gas/acceleration. I should note that this occurs at normal cruising RPMs, with no load or trailer in tow. Just prior, it seems the motor/trans ought to shift down, but doesn't. Pedals do respond.

I visited a dealership to have it checked out and: they could not duplicate said phenomenon, and rationalized that if it does indeed occur it is a 'safety mechanism' to protect the motor. Seems rather unsafe to suddenly lose all acceleration, no?

Anyone else experienced this?

best,
gk

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:11 pm

i know when driving up the grape vine the highest i have ever seen it wind out to is 4500 rpm then it will unset it self and it doesn't work anything past 100 in myn.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”