blower motor

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

blower motor

Postby disallow » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:58 pm

So of course today of all days (-20C) my blower motor stops working. Anyone else have any issues with theirs? I whacked it with a hammer a few times from the bottom, and she started back up, but I guess I'll need to invest in a new one.

t

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:07 pm

yep...is time you get a new one specially when the other one is been whacked with a hammer :cry:

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:26 pm

thetiger wrote:yep...is time you get a new one specially when the other one is been whacked with a hammer :cry:
maybe whack was a little bit of a strong word. But I agree its probably time. Will be doing a test on it tonight.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: blower motor

Postby disallow » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

disallow wrote:So of course today of all days (-20C) my blower motor stops working. Anyone else have any issues with theirs? I whacked it with a hammer a few times from the bottom, and she started back up, but I guess I'll need to invest in a new one.

t
I took the truck to the car wash tonight as its -25C and my garage wasn't heated. Did the voltage check on the connector to the blower motor. At full power, it only yielded about 9 volts. Checked the battery, it was at about 11 volts. Put everything back together, suddenly the lights on the car started flashing, and getting dimmer and dimmer. Relays were clicking. I didn't know what the F was going on, so I disconnected the battery.

Waited about a minute and reconnected. Went to go start the truck, it turned over once, then the starter solenoid started clicking.... dead battery? (the battery says it was replaced Aug 2007, Nissan dealer replacement). Got a buddy to come boost me.

Here's the weird part. As soon as he hooked up the booster cables (I had the key in the truck to ON) the blower motor started up. Truck started no prob. Drove home about 5 miles, stopped engine, and restarted with no problem. Heater fan still working.

So about the fan, I am wondering if it just started working because it warmed up while I was sitting in the car wash for an hour waiting for my buddy to show up. I honestly think the motor is shot, as in my experience, bad motors manifest themselves more easily in extreme cold.

But what explains the rest?

I have put a battery charger onto the truck for overnight. Tomorrow we'll head in to town and get the battery load tested to see if there is an issue. Until then, any input would be greatly appreciated!

t
Last edited by disallow on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: blower motor

Postby disallow » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 am

disallow wrote:
disallow wrote:So of course today of all days (-20C) my blower motor stops working. Anyone else have any issues with theirs? I whacked it with a hammer a few times from the bottom, and she started back up, but I guess I'll need to invest in a new one.

t
OK what the heck, do I have a dud truck?

I took the truck to the car wash tonight as its -25C and my garage wasn't heated. Did the voltage check on the connector to the blower motor. At full power, it only yielded about 9 volts. Checked the battery, it was at about 11 volts. Put everything back together, suddenly the lights on the car started flashing, and getting dimmer and dimmer. Relays were clicking. I didn't know what the F was going on, so I disconnected the battery.

Waited about a minute and reconnected. Went to go start the truck, it turned over once, then the starter solenoid started clicking.... dead battery? (the battery says it was replaced Aug 2007, Nissan dealer replacement). Got a buddy to come boost me.

Here's the weird part. As soon as he hooked up the booster cables (I had the key in the truck to ON) the blower motor started up. Truck started no prob. Drove home about 5 miles, stopped engine, and restarted with no problem. Heater fan still working.

So about the fan, I am wondering if it just started working because it warmed up while I was sitting in the car wash for an hour waiting for my buddy to show up. I honestly think the motor is shot, as in my experience, bad motors manifest themselves more easily in extreme cold.

But what explains the rest?

I have put a battery charger onto the truck for overnight. Tomorrow we'll head in to town and get the battery load tested to see if there is an issue. Until then, any input would be greatly appreciated!

t
Dropped the heater fan out today. Along with it came some ice and water. I think that was the problem. Its been so variable in temperature here the last few weeks, from above freezing to -25C, so condensation must have built up that when you let sit overnight causes freezeup on the heater fan.

I noticed once I had it out, but still connected, that if I held the fan to keep it from spinning, that it would stop trying to spin after about 2-3 seconds. I am guessing its designed that way to prevent burnout.

Can anyone confirm that?
t

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:17 am

I just went out to start the pathfinder about an hour ago. The front fan was not working. The rear was blowing heat no problem. Is this the same thing? I have an appointment for it to be checked...

I didn't get a chance to check the fuses either.

Have a good day everyone

crewcabrob

Postby crewcabrob » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:14 am

Hi all,

Mine has done this 3 times:

First time in Valentine Nebraska when it was 112 outside.
Second time about 5 miles from home, 72 outside.
Last time it was in Denver and it was about 45 outside.

All three times the rear blower was working fine.

1 time, it resolved itself, After a battery disconnect and reconnect, things were fine the other two times. Mine is an 05 LE 4x4. I took it to the dealer twice for the issue, with no issue found.

Odd...

Rob

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Well I started it yesterday afternoon and the blower was working... then again this morning, didn't work. But later, closer to the afternoon, it was working again...

took it to get checked out.... of course they couldn't find anything wrong... my check engine light is on now too... acting weird. peace.

cnparts1

This might be your problem

Postby cnparts1 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 am

This is a very common problem with the Pathfinders

http://www.courtesyparts.com/-p-200615.html

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”