Windows (ghost in the machine?)

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Windows (ghost in the machine?)

Postby NVSteve » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:24 am

Is there any kind of key fob button combo that will lower both the driver & passenger windows down 3/4 of the way? It was a mix of rain/snow yesterday on the way home, and I did not have my windows rolled down. When I got out of the PF, I just locked the doors & put the key fob in my pocket as usual. About an hour later, one of my really cute neighbors came over and told me my windows were rolled down. I have no clue how that would have happened unless the very short time the key fob was in my pocket and certain buttons got squished. Any ideas?

I'd really hate for this to be something else, like something non-key fob related. I really don't want to wake up to a few inches of snow on the inside of the pathfinder.

macbell7

Postby macbell7 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:52 am

I forgot which button combination you push on the remote, but if you do hold it down for a few seconds it will roll down the front two windows. Pretty stupid feature if you ask me. Nissan made it only roll-down only. You can also put your key in the door and keep it turned for a few second and it will roll down too. There is a module you can install that will allow you to roll the window back up with the remote. KP technologies sales it for like $50. heres the link -

http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/17[url][/url]

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 am

Thanks, at least now I can fully blame the key fob. It's gotten to the point that I only have it in my pocket from when I leave the car to when I get inside somewhere, and that's just because I kept setting off the stupid panic alarm. Geez, I wonder if I'll have to buy something like an eyeglass case for the thing so that I don't inadvertantly press the buttons.

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:05 pm

My Altima has this option, but my pathy doesn't. And they are only a year apart but the pathy is an XE model may be that plays a role. In any case I like it simply because I live in a very hot area and in the summer I get to roll down the windows before I get to the car. :oops: Not in my pathy though, I get in and is hot as hell.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Theres a option in the 08 pathy which says if you press the unlock button for longer than 3 or 4 secs the two front windows roll down, the amount it rolls down then depends on how long the unlock button is pressed..

Here in the middle east where temps for most of the year soar at round the 45 degree celcius mark, it helps to roll down the window before actually getting into your car..

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”