Intakes

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

bwareheim

Intakes

Postby bwareheim » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Ive been reading some forums and i cant really get a good read, sounds like the K&N makes a really nice noise but doesnt do much performance wise. Is the nismo or k&n better? Or is it better just to skip the aftermarket intake because its not worth the price tag.

skywhr

Postby skywhr » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 pm

MonkeyMike

Re: Intakes

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:39 am

bwareheim wrote:Ive been reading some forums and i cant really get a good read, sounds like the K&N makes a really nice noise but doesnt do much performance wise. Is the nismo or k&n better? Or is it better just to skip the aftermarket intake because its not worth the price tag.
i have not changed mine from stock, but i have heard that the volant intake is one of the better options. it has a cool air inlet snorkel that draws air from the front grill, rather than drawing through the engine bay, or through the fender well.

you need to be careful with the K&N, and any other wet oil filter system (including the volant)... if you over oil the filter, the excess oil will damage your mass air flow sensor.

volant.com is the mfr website, but they are apparently really slow on the updates, so the pathy intake still says 04-07.

~mike

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:33 pm

K&N finally came out with a cold air intake for the V8 Pathfinders...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... =77-6016KS

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”