Airlift Inline Valve

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

shv2sail

Airlift Inline Valve

Postby shv2sail » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:03 am

I recently added the popular Airlift rear spring airbag kit to my Path, using the single-inflation valve method which has definately helped with the rear spring softness.

However, I'd like to add an inline valve to the system that will allow me to fill/adjust the system via the single inflation valve (with this added inline valve open), but then separate each side's bag with the inline valve closed. My thought is this will keep the pressure in the respective side during cornering.

The only problem I'm having is that I have NO idea where to look for this type of airline valve. Any suggestions would be VERY helpful!!

Thanks!!

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:59 am

Why not just have a separate valve for each bag? It would be much simpler than what you are describing and the kit comes with two valves I believe.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:02 pm

You'd have to find some sort of manual 1/4 turn ball valve if they even make something like that for 1/4" plastic air line (assuming that's what the airlifts use) unless you wanted to jack around with electric valves for such a small setup.

But I agree with AZ, would make more sense and be easier to just run 2 shrader valves and 2 dedicated lines and leave out the T and the other mess.

shv2sail

Postby shv2sail » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:06 pm

You're probably right on just running the 2nd fill valve from the kit.

My thought is that it would be easier/faster just to fill the 2 bags together...and it would insure that the pressure is equal throughout the system vs trying to get it equal one side at a time.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”