ANYBODY USED THE MIRACLE "SEAFOAM"

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

bfdtpkt

ANYBODY USED THE MIRACLE "SEAFOAM"

Postby bfdtpkt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Where is the vacuum or air intake line that I'm supposed to pour 1/3 of this bottle into?

SEAFOAM is apparently used by an awful lot of people including ASE Mechanics.
The bottom line is is cleans carbon deposits out the injectors, lifters & rings, PCV, intake, valves, pistons, catalytic converter, and a myriad of parts and lines.

My friend swears it cleaned his engine so well with 90,000 miles it runs 100% better, smoothed out the idle, more power and just generally runs like a new engine......
and no, I don't work for them, I just thought I'd give it a try.
Anytime you can get rid of carbon deposits it's a good thing!
Thanks for any help!

cbsmith

Postby cbsmith » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 pm

I haven't used it in the Pathfinder but have in ATV's, snowblowers, outbioards, and mowers and it works wonders.

bfdtpkt

Postby bfdtpkt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:23 pm

I'd like to give it a try in the Pathfinder but I don't know whitch tube is the
intake.....anybody???

2008PatherfinderS

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Usually you remove the hose at the power brake booster check valve and pour the fluid thru that hose.

Cooper993

Postby Cooper993 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:50 pm

I used it on my Audi. You don't actually pour it in, you let the vacuum suck it up out of the can. Be prepared for a large cloud of smoke filling the neighborhood.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 pm

the last time i used it, i just poured it in the tank. Runs like a champ

bfdtpkt

Postby bfdtpkt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 pm

I'm gonna do that too, as well as put some in the crankcase before the oil change.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:29 am

bfdtpkt wrote:I'm gonna do that too, as well as put some in the crankcase before the oil change.
be careful what you pour in with the oil. i did a engine flush on my 95 240sx and the procedure is let it idle for ten minutes and drain the old oil with the additive out. after i did that my valve seals went. some of the engine oil treatments might sometimes cause the vehicle to smoke when not under load.

JohnKata

Postby JohnKata » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:57 am

I just Seafoam'd my 08 Pathfinder today. The dealership told me I needed a $155 fuel injector cleaning, told them no, and bought a can of Seafoam ($10).

Pop open your hood, the power brake booster is located right in front of the driver dashboard, mounted on the firewall. The vacuum hose is the black tube coming out of the front of it. Pull it off and start up your engine. Let the vacuum hose suck out about half the can of Seafoam. Don't completely submerge the hose in the fluid, just let it gradually suck it out. Your engine may misfire a few times, which is normal. Turn the engine off and let it sit about 10 minutes. Then, take it on a drive - depending on how much carbon built up, there may be a lot of smoke coming out of your exhaust, or none at all. Then, fill up, and pour the last half the can into your gas tank.

My Pathfinder's idle is a lot smoother now. There used to be a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel when stopped at a light, but it's completely gone now.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:12 pm

I use it in my bike but have not put it in the truck yet.

bfdtpkt

Postby bfdtpkt » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Used it this morning........
pulled the power brake booster hose, let it suck up about 1/3 of the can......
it was smoking pretty good, misfired a couple of times, turned it off, let it sit for 20 minutes, poured the remainder in the tank, car ran smoother immediately.

NO vibration at idle, runs smoother, seems to have more "pep"......
I think it helped.....
if nothing else, it made me feel better!

Tez

Postby Tez » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:25 am

Tried this out yesterday in my girlfriends 00 Jetta. I let the car suck in about 1/3 of the can through a vacuum hose. Lots of smoke and it almost stalled. Poured the rest into the gas tank. After letting it sit for a little while we took the car for a ride down the high way. The car is running a lot smoother and is noticeable quieter. We are tracking the mileage to see if it has improved at all also.

marvmmarv

Postby marvmmarv » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:07 pm

"We are tracking the mileage to see if it has improved at all also."

Do you have any information on the mileage improvement? Thanks.

Tez

Postby Tez » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:29 am

Was just talking to my girlfriend about this over the weekend. She is definitely getting better mileage, but that may be because I drive her car more. She was always getting 24-25mpg before but at her last fill up it was 27mpg. But in the past couple of weeks I've driven her car more than she has.

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:05 am

so i'm wanting to do this to my wifes path. i've done this to my acura via several ways (crankcase, vacuum port, & gas tank). it definitely helped. i know the proper procedure on doing this, but i do have one question.

i see people are still using the power brake booster line to induce the seafoam. on my car, an acura tl, it was found that the brake booster line didn't reach all the valves. does anyone know for sure if that's the proper line to use on our Paths? i realize it may be different per vehicle, which is why i ask.
thanks..

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”