2005 Pathfinder HID Ballast Mount

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:35 am

Ive installed an Hid kit on My Pathy a month ago , I purchase a Bixenon High low kit , installation was very simple , and Im pretty happy with the results , I don't get high beam for blinding anyone , I have the 6000k similiar to oem, less brighter , mounting the ballast was no problem , but the Hid bulb itself its pretty big and sticks out , and if going thru a lot bumby roads the circle thinggyyy that holds the bulb keeps coming off

has anyone experience that and what do you suggest to keep in it place , ive been lucky and the Bulb hasen't poped out but I do check ofetn that the piece is in place

some might say take the Hid Off waste of money , well its my money LOL....

Anyone who installed have you encountered this problem or found a fix for it help a tired member out ....

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:57 am

Hello,

Are you running 9007 HID bulbs? if so there shouldnt be a problem with the fitment. Mines fit right in without touching anything inside the housing and the white clip that holds the bulb tightly in place also fits over the bulbs.

Facevedo17 wrote:Ive installed an Hid kit on My Pathy a month ago , I purchase a Bixenon High low kit , installation was very simple , and Im pretty happy with the results , I don't get high beam for blinding anyone , I have the 6000k similiar to oem, less brighter , mounting the ballast was no problem , but the Hid bulb itself its pretty big and sticks out , and if going thru a lot bumby roads the circle thinggyyy that holds the bulb keeps coming off

has anyone experience that and what do you suggest to keep in it place , ive been lucky and the Bulb hasen't poped out but I do check ofetn that the piece is in place

Anyone who installed have you encountered this problem or found a fix for it help a tired member out ....

OurPathfinder

Postby OurPathfinder » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm curious about the HID retrofit kit. I was looking at the European Pathfinders and their reflector looks very similar to the reflector found in our Pathfinders. THose who know... how is it different?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:20 pm

OurPathfinder wrote: how is it different?
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=685

In the grand scheme it is not different and the lighting difference will be minimal at best from my research. They are higher powered, xenon bulbs, yadda yadda, but they are not projecter style HID's so light output still relies on being scattered against a reflector and being re-focused by the conical shape.

The optimal choice is to retro-fit a set of TL projectors with the ZKW (or clone) clear lense into our assy and then use and adapter harness to the ballast from our 9007 plugs with relays to get true projector hids.

**listed TSX when I meant TL projectors**
Last edited by blink32 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:52 am

blink32 wrote: The optimal choice is to retro-fit a set of TSX projectors with the ZKW (or clone) clear lense into our assy and then use and adapter harness to the ballast from our 9007 plugs with relays to get true projector hids.
Which I imagine would easily run over $1,000. Not on my budget.

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:26 am

falcondrgn wrote:Hello,

Are you running 9007 HID bulbs? if so there shouldnt be a problem with the fitment. Mines fit right in without touching anything inside the housing and the white clip that holds the bulb tightly in place also fits over the bulbs.

Facevedo17 wrote:Ive installed an Hid kit on My Pathy a month ago , I purchase a Bixenon High low kit , installation was very simple , and Im pretty happy with the results , I don't get high beam for blinding anyone , I have the 6000k similiar to oem, less brighter , mounting the ballast was no problem , but the Hid bulb itself its pretty big and sticks out , and if going thru a lot bumby roads the circle thinggyyy that holds the bulb keeps coming off

Im running the Telescopic bulb for high low , its for the 9007/9004 I think its there a difference It fit into the housing just fine , and when putting the clip on it it does stays but if if go thru a bad bump it gets loose is that normal

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:43 am

LittleStevie wrote:Which I imagine would easily run over $1,000. Not on my budget.
If it costs you that much then you aren't looking hard enough.

Leave out the ZKW lense replacement ($70 upgrade) and you will under or around $400 total. Projectors range from $200-225, another $100-150 for the ballast, $50 for a harness, done. If a person is patient real good deals pop up and it could be lower perhaps.

Even on the high end it can be done easily for less than $600. Unless all parts are purchased brand new that is.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 am

http://ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

check these guys out. i purchased my HID kit with projector housings for one of my other cars.

the ballasts and bulbs kits are about $50.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Found this pic: http://off-road-light.ru/images/stories ... ara-01.jpg
Looks, like major project, but what a clean lens install!

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:11 am

slavabon wrote:Found this pic: http://off-road-light.ru/images/stories ... ara-01.jpg
Looks, like major project, but what a clean lens install!
thats probably not as difficult as you would think. it looks like the stock housing with a HID assembly mounted into it. most likely cut a big hole in the back of the housing, fabbed a bracket to hold the HID assembly, and topped it off with a chrome bezel for the HID. it's a pretty clean install.

~mike

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”