Time to start UPGRADING!!!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

WhackMaster719

Time to start UPGRADING!!!

Postby WhackMaster719 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:10 pm

So I have a 2006 Pathfinder LE, pretty loaded accept for the rear entertainment unit. My truck as just over 60K miles and I haven't had a single problem with it yet!

I was interested in starting to upgrade it a bit and was wondering what others have done to theirs and how it turned out... I have been looking at Bull Bars/Brush Guards, Exhaust Systems, Roof Racks, Additional exterior lighting (for roof and bull bar), Engine Upgrades (battery, air intake....) and any suspension upgrades or lifts.

If you have any suggestions please let me know, especially if you have pics of things that you have already done!

Eric31150

Upgrades

Postby Eric31150 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:50 pm

I went with a Gibson Cat Back exhaust system (around $350 for the parts) Install is a little tricky but manageable. Sounds great, nice growl, but nothing excessive; and improved gas mileage.

I also put in a K&N cold air intake. Adds great high-end roar when you bury your foot in the gas. I'm sure any brand of air intake would be good, just depends on how much you want to spend. I think they run between $100-$200.

I would love to post pics, but my poor truck got the worst end of baseball-sized hail earlier this week.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Upgrades

Postby disallow » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 am

Eric31150 wrote:I went with a Gibson Cat Back exhaust system (around $350 for the parts) Install is a little tricky but manageable. Sounds great, nice growl, but nothing excessive; and improved gas mileage.

I also put in a K&N cold air intake. Adds great high-end roar when you bury your foot in the gas. I'm sure any brand of air intake would be good, just depends on how much you want to spend. I think they run between $100-$200.

I would love to post pics, but my poor truck got the worst end of baseball-sized hail earlier this week.
that sucks! will it be repaired or write off?

Eric31150

Postby Eric31150 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:46 am

that sucks! will it be repaired or write off?[/quote]

No, luckily, but a new truck would have been nice too!

WhackMaster719

Postby WhackMaster719 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 am

Eric31150 wrote:I went with a Gibson Cat Back exhaust system (around $350 for the parts) Install is a little tricky but manageable. Sounds great, nice growl, but nothing excessive; and improved gas mileage.
Sorry to hear about your truck. I hope they do a good job repairing it!

Do you happen to have a video or audio of your truck with the Gibson Cat-Back? Others here have them also but the audio file on Gibson's website sounds horrible and I hope they sound better then that!

Eric31150

Postby Eric31150 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:15 pm

WhackMaster719 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your truck. I hope they do a good job repairing it!

Do you happen to have a video or audio of your truck with the Gibson Cat-Back? Others here have them also but the audio file on Gibson's website sounds horrible and I hope they sound better then that!
I wish I did and unfortunately I don't have my truck back yet from the body shop. I can try to get something loaded, but it will be a month or so.

marvmmarv

Postby marvmmarv » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Eric31150 wrote:Sounds great, nice growl, but nothing excessive; and improved gas mileage.
Eric, can you give us an idea of how much the gas mileage improved? Either for the exhaust only or with the exhaust and intake.

Thanks

Eric31150

MPGs

Postby Eric31150 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Since I put the exhaust on and let the engine breathe more; my highway MPGs have gone from mid 18s to high 19s to low 20s (wind variable).

Not a huge improvement for the short haul, but on the all day trips, it is noticeable.

For those looking for pictures or sound bites; I just got my truck back from the body shop so bare with me. I've played around with the sound bite piece and had little luck, so if anyone is wise to this, please share.

marvmmarv

Postby marvmmarv » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:07 pm

That's around 10 percent. Certainly not too shabby! Is that with the exhaust only or exhaust and intake. Are there any other mods contributing to that increase?

Eric31150

Postby Eric31150 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:51 am

marvmmarv wrote:That's around 10 percent. Certainly not too shabby! Is that with the exhaust only or exhaust and intake. Are there any other mods contributing to that increase?

That increase is with the exhaust and intake. As with any performance upgrades, it will increase MPGs if you can keep your foot out of it. I use my cruise control a lot to control my desire to drive faster

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:22 pm

Here's the best roof rack you can buy for a Pathfinder...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2108

Return to “General Automotive”