Anyone upgraded Braking components on their Path yet?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Anyone upgraded Braking components on their Path yet?

Postby blink32 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:55 am

There has been some talk regarding this but has anyone upgraded any of the braking components on their pathy yet? I know it won't ever be as good as a small sports car or anything because of sheer mass, but I would like better pedal feel and more bite on braking.

I plan on upgrading the pads, rotors, fluid and SS lines (if available) but hadn't researched it any yet. I have used EBC Greenstuff pads in the past on other vehicles with good results. So has anyone done any actual upgrades in this department yet?

jorgecar

Postby jorgecar » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:39 pm

I personally haven't done any upgrades to my Pathy yet, but I have researched and ROTORA has slotted and slotted+drilled rotors on their newest application list....both front and back!

Stillen also has rotor replacements for the fronts only, and DBA in Australia a while back told me that they woulld also eventually develop performance rotors. DBA manufactures the 'Eradispeed' line for BAER.

Not sure about SS lines, think I saw them somewhere...will post the link if I find it.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:06 pm

I saw the lines on www.Stillen.com
I know this is a slight tangent but anyone notice their lights dim when their ABS or VDC go off?
I read the redid the Brakes for the 08 Titan... wouldn't mind doing a swap with those, but you would need to go with 18" wheels.

jorgecar

Postby jorgecar » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:28 pm

Fofiddy wrote:I read the redid the Brakes for the 08 Titan... wouldn't mind doing a swap with those, but you would need to go with 18" wheels.
Titans have a different bolt pattern, that's a more difficult job for the swap, right? Please elaborate...

I wouldn't mind going to 18"s for the bigger brakes, actually have thought of going for 20"s w/Scorpion ATRs as it is now.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:21 pm

Well, separate rotors could be manufactured and mounting brackets fabricated, I was daydreaming more than anything. I'm not particularly in love with the 6x4.5 pattern it restricts all terrain oriented wheel possibilities.

I mentioned it because the new Tundra's have 4 pots up front and since the Titan's front brakes have always been a short coming. I figured the brakes would be substantial updated to cope with the new long wheelbase models and the new comp.

As for the rotors I'd avoid drilled due to the weight of the vehicle and wear.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”