My summer beater and my winter beater :)

Amateur Photographer? Us too. Post your latest choice shots, doesn't necessarily have to be automotive related.

Moderator: volvite

wreckedtom

My summer beater and my winter beater :)

Postby wreckedtom » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 pm

First, just wanted to mention that its a great idea to put a photography section cuz i love to take pictures :P

Here is my summer beater which was reworked from a to z, only stock parts: Bolts, bearings, seats and windshield :)

That's when both of my mufflers exploded due to a huge backfire after my tune. I had to buy a new borla cat-back, im sooo sad :P

And now for the winter beast :) still love to get it dirty even tough i spent 150 bucks for a detailing :P

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:51 am

Nice cars mate...is that an RX7?

The noise from that backfire must have been huge and funny :D ...bet you had a few people ducking for cover!!!!

S

wreckedtom

Postby wreckedtom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks mate! Yes its an Rx7 1986 with 300 whp. First I tought I blew a tire or the engine, but then the sound was so loud that I knew it was the mufflers. Was beating the car at 3 am in a industrial zone, so no one really heard me. When I did the swap I've changed the downpipe and pre-silencer but I tought that I would'nt have to change the cat-back since the performance aftermarket ones are about the same size as stock. Now the car is finished and I had to put money on something else, so I bought this new toy, and I'm so happy about it!!

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:22 pm

300 at the wheels!!!! Thats something. Is the RX7 turbocharged or does it just rev its nuts off?
You cant beat having the ying and yang of motoring....a 4x4 and a sports!!
You get to appreciate each one everytime you change car and so never get sick of them.
Just back from a camping and mounting bike trip up in the highlands, the pathfinder coped with all the gear and bikes no problem and still managed 40mpg over 300 miles.

S

wreckedtom

Postby wreckedtom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Yeah! That car is quite exciting to drive! It was originally N/A but I swapped it turbo with a few addons and a bigger turbo. The switch between a 4x4 and a sport car is always stunning, in one youre higher than everyone, and you don't feel the road, in the other you are bellow everyone and feel every bump of he road! Both of them have the same MPG :P Since the injectors or the 7 are faucets :P

I even got a 125cc kart which is a crazy adrenaline rush too! Can do from 25 mph to 87 mph in about 2 seconds!!

The only thing I love about waking up and going to work, is actually, GOING to work :P

BTW must have been a great trip!! Did you do some downhill with your bike or just biking around?

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:22 am

It was 20 mile run through some heavy forest..mostly flat but a few up and downs on what I can only describe as a dry river bed...lose stones and boulders everywhere.
I used have a racing kart too...It was a Wright D chassis with TT75 Parilla racing engine. That baby would rev to about 16k. Really quick and the change of direction at speed was immense.
My sports car at the moment is a Vauxhall VX220. Its a 2.2ltr 16v N/A, basically a stripped out track car with lights and a horn...only weighs 875kg so its very kart like to drive and has the ability to embaress more exotic equipment, especially round the twisties! :D

wreckedtom

Postby wreckedtom » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Kart Racing is so exciting!!! hehe I love it! Ive never seen any VH in here!! That is quite rare!! Must be a crazy feeling!!! I tought that my rx was ligh but 800`s kg... wow!!!!! must be really fun to drive!!!

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:32 am

Yeah is great to drive :D! 0-60 in 5.8s.
Gonna get a couple of pics beside the pathfinder to show the difference in height.
As you can imagine, the pathfinder feels like a Rolls Royce after driving the VX.

S

wreckedtom

Postby wreckedtom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:54 am

I get what you mean, i have that exact same feeling when i switch cars haha!

Take pictures, and ill take some too!

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:06 pm

A pic just to show the height differnce!

Return to “Photo Gallery”