Several unanswered towing questions

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

osucowboy

Several unanswered towing questions

Postby osucowboy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:30 am

I have seen many posts concerning different questions related to towing but have not been able to absolutely answer the following. Can you guys please help?

1. My 2008 Pathfinder SE 4x4 V6 does not have an overdrive on/off switch. When towing do you switch to manual mode or do you leave the tranny in automatic mode. If you switch to manual mode to you prevent the vehicle from going into the highest gear?

2. Does the 2008 PF SE have a transmission oil cooler. Mine has a relatively large coil (about 12" x 12" or so) and a very small coil (about 2" x 2") mounted in front of the radiator. I assume the larger coil is a transmission cooler but I have heard others say it is an external engine oil cooler. Can someone please confirm what this is. Also, what is the smaller 2"x2" coil?

3. Is there a transmission oil cooler mounted inside the radiator on the 2008. I have read a lot of posts about these leaking and introducing coolant into the tranny. It seems like most of the problems are on 2005 models. Is this a problem on the '08?

Thanks in advance for your help.

AZ_Path

Re: Several unanswered towing questions

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:11 am

osucowboy wrote: 1. My 2008 Pathfinder SE 4x4 V6 does not have an overdrive on/off switch. When towing do you switch to manual mode or do you leave the tranny in automatic mode. If you switch to manual mode to you prevent the vehicle from going into the highest gear?
I had a similar question. See this thread: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=1788

AZ_Path

Re: Several unanswered towing questions

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:19 am

osucowboy wrote: 2. Does the 2008 PF SE have a transmission oil cooler.
Yes. I can't answer the specifics as I don't know, but you could try searching.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ion+cooler

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”