06 SE Rear Shocks Then Lift Coils, And Install Pics?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

sthrnfat

06 SE Rear Shocks Then Lift Coils, And Install Pics?

Postby sthrnfat » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:27 am

Plan to pick up a set of OME coils before long, but want to replace the rear shocks now. Any recommendations on good rear replacement shocks that will also handle the OME coils when they get replaced?

Looking for the best bang for the buck replacement option.

Also have a 2000 Pathfinder with KYB GR2 struts/shocks and OME coils and love the ride. Know the OMEs will be a good addition to the R51.

Can someone post a link to some installation pics and step by step info on replacing the coils? Have done some searching but was hoping someone had bookmarked a few good posts.

Edit - Have seen the Bilsteins that can be used with a lift, but not sure if they will work with the stock coils until I get the OME coils. Or - can I use the standard Bilsteins with the OME coils?

bigmankz

Postby bigmankz » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:23 pm

stock rear shocks work ok with OME lifted springs. bilstein shocks of the srock lengths also work ok and you don't have to have OME srings to install them.

As to installation of the rear springs it pretty much straight forward. how I did it. I disconnected lower bolt form the shock then loosened the inner bolt of the arm that the spring goes to and installed the spring. The inner bolt goes through the bushing which is offcentric and serves for allignment. so when you chnage the spring you would have to reallign properly on a computer equipment. in order not to go far off the proper allignment i marked the position of the arrow. it turned out that I was pretty close after bolting everything back together. Also I would drive few hundred miles before making the aallignment other wise you would have to make alllignment again after the spring sag. Mine sagged about 1 - 1.5 cm in abot 200-300 km.

I also forgot that you would have to disconnect sway bar links too to put in new springs.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”