HID and K&N

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

kacjames

HID and K&N

Postby kacjames » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Hey everyone, I put some HID and a 63 series K&N air intake into the path this weekend. First thing first the HID looks awesome... The stock headlight assembly of the Path is very nice for the intense light by not spreading it everywhere like a Civic or some others model of car I happen to see with no projectors.

Heres some pics I took, weather was cloudy and its on my cellphone so I apologize for the low quality of the pics :P :

And for the intake I didnt take any pics yet, the 63 series is the one that many of you use I think, and the one offering the best gain also. Even if I hardly feel any change in power, I must say that the sounds is awesome and very nice of course, and throttle response improved as well.

I also bought some winter tires, cause winter is a lil bit more harder on this side of the border ( Canada :P ) so I can't wait to see some snow to try those Nokian Hakkapelita 5 Studded tires... ;)

I also did some offroad on sunday, no pics but I plan to go back as soon as possible, the trail was large and deep water ( 1 ft to 1ft 1/2 by some place ) just enough for the BF Long Trail A/T who handle the mud as well as a skateboard shoe. I must say I was impressed by the way the truck reacted in the mud, compare to all the pick up trucks I had in the past who were LSD equipped... The Path just seem to find is way out of nasty place even if the weight is over 2500kg, thanks to the ABLS. I'll try to get some vidz by some time, I'm looking for some hill climb instead of big mud.

Thanks for reading this :)

xkci99x

Postby xkci99x » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:09 pm

Looks great. What's the brand and model number of your lights?

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm not sure about those stock lamp assemblies not spreading the light - it is spreading in every pic of your HIDs. It would be nice to find the way to focus it just in front of the car. But I think even with all the light going everywhere, you're still getting more on the road compared to stock halogens. Your color looks nice too. Is it 4300K? Nice job!

Tez

Postby Tez » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 am

xkci99x wrote:What's the brand and model number of your lights?

kacjames

Postby kacjames » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm not sure about the brand of the HID kit, the box is actually 150 miles away from my home right now :P but I can get back to you with that ASAP . As for the bulbs, they are 6000K.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:06 am

slavabon wrote:I'm not sure about those stock lamp assemblies not spreading the light - it is spreading in every pic of your HIDs. It would be nice to find the way to focus it just in front of the car. But I think even with all the light going everywhere, you're still getting more on the road compared to stock halogens. Your color looks nice too. Is it 4300K? Nice job!
yeah, but the other stray light is shining up in the eyes of the people driving in front of you.

~mike

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:59 pm

i have 4300k in my path and i have ones for the fog lights in the mail. i have not had one issue with blinding people like i have had in the past with my fords. the cut of in the stock housing is really very good and you really wont have any issues if any.

kacjames

Postby kacjames » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:46 pm

The brand of the HID Kit is RTX . Seems to be just another compagny makin HID makin along all the other on the market.

As for the blinding issues, nobody highbeamed me since I got them on, it's a very different result compared to some other models I see on the road.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Is an HID "look" kit or an actual conversion with new wire harnesses, projectors, etc.?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”