Tuners/programmers offered for the R51

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cruzstyle

Tuners/programmers offered for the R51

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:40 am

so i have sent out emails to every known tuner/programmer company that i could find on the internet to see what is offered for our paths. i sent them the following email

im looking for a programmer that will allow me to use 87 octane and get better gas millage. i would like updates for when i add a CAI and an exhaust. it would be nice if it let me program in my new tire size when i get bigger rims and tires so my speedo wont be off, this option is not required but would help. do you have a product that would fit any of my needs?

here are the results so far

Tim Moore
Bully Dog Technologies
Tech. Dept
www.bullydog.com
877-285-5936

"At this time we don’t offer anything for this application

Thanks"

Jim from Hypertech says

Part# 62001 is the correct Max Energy which has our tuning for regular or premium fuel to increase power and to help mileage. The unit also lets you adjust the rev limiter and speed limiter. The unit also lets you remove the 0-60 mph electronic throttle restriction which really helps the throttle responses.

We do not have the option to calibrate the speedometer for tire size changes.

Our tuning is designed around a stock vehicle; there is no problem with a cat back exhaust and/or a replacement high flow air filter. Other mods like air intakes, after market mass air flow sensors, headers, high flow cats, larger throttle body etc should not be used with our tuning. When doing so the engine will be apt to ping/detonate which you do not want. We do not have any custom tuning available. Thanks

Superchips
www.superchips.com
Jason Misiak
Customer Service
1-888-227-2447

Our Flashpaq or Cortex will do everything except recalibrate for tires. The only difference is the Cortex comes with a 2 year 100,000 mile limited power train warranty, other than that they are identical.
Last edited by cruzstyle on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tez

Postby Tez » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:05 pm

:(

No love for us.

Why is this truck in an aftermarket parts blackhole.

bigmankz

Postby bigmankz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:19 am

I was thinking of the same. so many les sinteresting truck have all kinds of options for tuning begingin from intakes to turbo kits. r51 pathfinders has very litlle. I have only seen only feew cold air intakes and exhausts. one company makes chips hat improves poer and MPG figures but only marginally. plus stillen makes supercharger kit for it. but the prices are outrageous. I dont get it. VQ series engine is one most tunable on the market. 350z have them, Infiniti fx has them, G35 have them. why not use this knowledge and tech for tuning its biggest version VQ40? I am sure that many of us will be glad to install something to improve power and mileage. I am interested in power mostly.

pearl62

Postby pearl62 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:12 am

What about the Cortex, is it any good?

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:32 am

im waiting for an email from them still. they told me it would take 2 days to get a response so we will see

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:07 am

Yeh i think some ones already got a cortex here in the forum i think but not sure who it is..

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:13 am

coom1986 wrote:Yeh i think some ones already got a cortex here in the forum i think but not sure who it is..
I have the cortex. i really like it, but make sure your battery is fully charged. Had a voltage drop during a reflash while in a remote area, and next thing you know, I had a no-start situation.

Had to pull the ECM and ship to Florida for them to reflash it. Huge PIA. But they were pretty good about it, and apparently have modified the programming in the tuner to use less power, which should prevent this from occuring again. They are very adamant about making sure you turn off everything while reflashing. Lights, radio, interior lights, the heater fan, the whole works. They are not just pulling your leg, seriously make sure all of that sh$t is off.

The cortex has Performance, Tow Performance, Mileage XS, and 87 octane modes. And they are constantly improving and updating it. Also tracks 0-60 times, and a bunch of other stuff. Reads and clears DTCs. Has an active display that can show up to 4 different ECM feeds including Engine Coolant Temp, RPM, Vehicle speed, and a bunch of other gear head and sparkie stuff.

I haven't gotten up the guts since my issue to do another reflash. I would recommend if you are reflashing, to do it at home, possibly with a battery charger hooked up to prevent any voltage drops at the ECM. But I could also be paranoid now too. :)

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”