2008 Pathy with V8

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:20 pm

Dang I was thinking there would be a market for a 4cyl. Pathfinder , basics with a 200HP 4 banger would be great for someone who doesnt need towing power but wants the space / comfort and great mileage .... ( I still think its funny that Nissans V6 has more power than alot of the V8's out there !! ) .....

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:34 am

I don't know Naka 4700lbs is allot of steel to move for a 4 banger that will only hit that hp in the high revs... on a total tangent I had a chance to get behind the wheel of a Toyota's new 5.7 (a punched and stroked version of the Lex's LS460's 4.6l) in a 2k7 tundra double cab /w trd offrd pkg. Sweet Jebus what a smooth drivetrain. Nissan needs a rebuttal for that thing pronto: 380+hp and 400+ftlb, on top of that they have a TRD option for a dual exhaust to unlock further ponies... All the engines in the 4x4's supposedly get 18mpg hwy regardless whether you choose the 4.0,4.7,or 5.7, negating any argument of getting any engine other than the 5.7... don't worry i still have a list of cons for the toy, so i haven't switched over just yet.

Still; bring on the hybrids an diesels... the next 5 years are going to be very exciting for the truck market.

That's funny Blink I was looking to get a Titan SE Crew /w offroad + tow and saw a path on the lot and was just really impressed by the new design.

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:40 am

with gas prices over $3 a gallon.
boy that V8 Pathfinder would be a money magnet sucking up all your cash.
but the temptation of having a V8 is nice. the style looks great. power, etc.
so, does that mean this replaces the Armada?
or Nissan will have 2 V8 vehicles?

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:23 am

Well you guys know they are implementing new EPA figures closer to real world driving for 2008 right? So those V8 figures will be worse than expected. But the V6 won't be retaining the 21mpg highway rating either.
Keep in mind the Titan gets 18mpg highway with this engine (under current EPA ratings) with an extra half ton of weight and more surface area... Unfortunately the new V8 path is supposed to be some AWD only so that will nick some of the increased eco over the full sized rigs.

If your buying a a truck based SUV and not some softroading poser youve probably already commited to the realization that your fuel eco is going to suck, allot. Especially if your one of those dumbasses that thinks a truck just doesn't look right without 31"tires. :wink:

The Armada isn't going anywhere, they just redid the interior for 08 to differentiate it from the Titan's as well as the roof racks and a number shared outside cosmetic changes they made on the Titan (still one of my favorite trucks). Look at Toyota they have 3 V8 SUVs (4 Runner, Land Cruiser, and Seqouia) so is more of Nissan conforming to the competition than doing anything radical.
On a side note when it comes to looks (and looks alone) the new Tahoe is probably the best looking fullsize SUV out there. That said I'd probably set fire to my genetailia before buying any GM product.

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:25 pm

looks like it's got keyless (fob) start and tiptronic style shifting

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”