This is why you never buy a Harbor Freight Jack

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

rlh2005

Postby rlh2005 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:19 am

dbetterred wrote:...So the jack is lifting 5-6000 max. Still way too close to rated capacity for me but NOT over the capacity....
True but how much junk was in the truck bed or racks.

Jim M 05 LE

Postby Jim M 05 LE » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:17 pm

kramer wrote: And you shouldn't be going under a vehicle unless it's supported by stands. You couldn't pay me enough money to get under a car/truck thats only being supported by a hydraulic floor jack. That's just stupid.
Jack Stands fo me EVERY time.
Not only for the usual safety reasons, but here in California you never know when an earthquake is going to hit. :o :shock:

kramer

Postby kramer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:51 pm

I wasn't saying it was a good jack, Im just saying that it wouldn't have happened under proper use.

The weight and placement killed it. A higher quality unit probably wouldn't have buckled but that doesn't excuse jacking up a car or truck improperly.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:50 pm

Jim M 05 LE wrote:
kramer wrote: And you shouldn't be going under a vehicle unless it's supported by stands. You couldn't pay me enough money to get under a car/truck thats only being supported by a hydraulic floor jack. That's just stupid.
Jack Stands fo me EVERY time.
Not only for the usual safety reasons, but here in California you never know when an earthquake is going to hit. :o :shock:
You surely hit the nail on the head with that quote.. always use jack stands regardless. SAFETY MY FRIENDS,.. SAFETY.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”