How to turn off SRS warning lamp?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pearl62

How to turn off SRS warning lamp?

Postby pearl62 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:34 pm

I was working on my stereo and started the car without the passenger airbag indicator light plugged in. Now my SRS warning lamp is flashing. How can I clear it? A universal scan tool doesn't seem to help at all. I've also tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and that didn't help eaither. The service manual doesn't really say how to clear it either, other than maybe via the Consult II scan tool.

Is there another way to clear the SRS warning light?

pearl62

Postby pearl62 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Never mind, I fixed it. I followed the procedure to enter diagnostic mode on page 37 of the SRS section of the service manual which, upon finding no fault, cleared the indicator light. The timing is really tight though, and I think the first few times I tried it I was a little too slow switching the ignition off. I just did a few more times and I got the timing right.

Thanks anyway.

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 pm

cool, was this during the AUX input mod ? I didn't have that problem, and I remember putting into ACC mode for testing.

pearl62

Postby pearl62 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:12 am

Yeah, I was doing the AUX input mod, as well as trying the Nav bypass switch mod.

thePPL

Postby thePPL » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Thanks for this info! It just saved me a trip to the dealership. I believe what happened to me was I had the Passenger Air Bag warning light unplugged while I was doing some mods to my '09 Pathfinder. I probably turned the ignition on with it unplugged. This somehow puts the SRS Air Bag System in Diagnostics mode. I followed the procedure to put it back into User mode and everything seems fine now.

To save the next person from looking it up in the Service Manual, here are the steps:
1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off the ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 two times (Perform 3 times in total.)
5. Turn ignition switch ON again. (Turn to User mode.)

Thanks again pearl62.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”