rust

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:29 pm

speakign of rust , has anyone looked at the undercarraige of their pathy ? My rear part of the frame and rear controls arms are all started to get rust forming. I bought some POR15 and plan on painting over that stuff, but I am quite surprised at the amount that has started forming down there.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:59 am

Living in Vancouver, I would have thought I'd have a lot of rust on my undercarriage with all the rain we get here, but surprisingly I found very little. I did however find rust on the rear hatch, in the corners underneath the chrome rear hatch handle. I went to my local dealership and was told that they've seen a number of PF's come in with similar rust spots. The warranty in Canada only covered rust for 3 years/60k, and of course mine was already over. The dealer made it right by fixing it properly, repainting it and putting on rock guard tape that's supposed to prevent the vibrations from transferring to the metal under the chrome handle. I didn't even have to ask twice, they offered to fix it. I was impressed.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 am

SPICOLI wrote:Living in Vancouver, I would have thought I'd have a lot of rust on my undercarriage with all the rain we get here, but surprisingly I found very little. I did however find rust on the rear hatch, in the corners underneath the chrome rear hatch handle. I went to my local dealership and was told that they've seen a number of PF's come in with similar rust spots. The warranty in Canada only covered rust for 3 years/60k, and of course mine was already over. The dealer made it right by fixing it properly, repainting it and putting on rock guard tape that's supposed to prevent the vibrations from transferring to the metal under the chrome handle. I didn't even have to ask twice, they offered to fix it. I was impressed.
Salt on the roads is what causes corrosion. In Manitoba, if I can get my hands on a used car from the west coast, I jump on it. East coast, not so much!
t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”