Anyone notice leaks?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

S14sleeper

Anyone notice leaks?

Postby S14sleeper » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:21 am

I have an 05 Pathy- and this is a rare occurance. But a couple of mornings i hear a sound like water hitting hot pan sizzle or sounds like plastic bag in wind. That shshshshshs kinda sound.

Recently i purchased rubber matts and just this weekend it happened again but now i see a small puddle of water on the passenger rubber matt, just under the glove box. About size of quarter-fifty cent piece.

Has anyone experienced this too? Is it a leak? AC Condensation? Dealership wants me to bring in for a leak down test. WTH? They didnt even look under the glovebox to see what it could be, just assumed its a leak?

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:36 am

Did you check the air filter box in the glove box, to see if there is any water in there? There could be a clogged drain tube. Another guy on a different site has the same problem. I don't know if he resolved it yet or not though.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:22 am

Could be something like a spider web in the a/c drain tube ...seen that alot in the spring time ... then the box will fill with water and drip on the floor ... You have to get under and pull the tube out and see if its plugged ....

S14sleeper

Thanks

Postby S14sleeper » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Thanks for the tips- gonna go check it out.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”