Floor and Cargo mats

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 am

NVSteve wrote:
SilverGhost wrote:The Nissan rubber mats are not at all durable.
Ghost, do you drive around with golf shoes all the time? My experience has been completely the opposite. The Nissan rubber mats I have in the front and 2nd rows have been awesome for 31k, and still look like they are new. If I have to replace them, I'm going with the Nissan mats again.

I have the weathertech in the rear (cargo), and it has been ok. I had to cut the front and rear lips off the thing so that my bed would be completely flat. That & the thing is made out of plastic, makes it slide around way too much for my liking. I'd really like to get a cargo mat similar to the Nissan front & rear mats-all rubber, no sliding around.
I thought the weathertech (non-digital cut) did lay completely flat. I haul stuff and my seats will be down most of the time, having a lip will not do.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:46 am

NVSteve wrote:That & the thing is made out of plastic, makes it slide around way too much for my liking. I'd really like to get a cargo mat similar to the Nissan front & rear mats-all rubber, no sliding around.
for things that slide around on smooth surfaces, i use sheets of Contactbrand non-adhesive Ultra Grip Liner beneath them.
i keep my cargo area covered with it, & everything stays put, and it protects the floor of the cargo area from scratches.

it's flexible, easy to cut & fit, durable, inexpensive, and comes in different colors

www.contactbrand.com

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:42 pm

The cargo mats are really nice to have, but I think they're all made out of that harder plastic composite material that makes stuff slide around. I'm gonna have a look at the contactbrand stuff, thanks dryart.

I haven't had the Nissan mats for a long time, but I find them to be very well made and well fitting. The rubber is pretty thick, so I'm surprised to hear that they only lasted for 25K for SilverGhost. :lol:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:20 pm

cbacarisse wrote: I thought the weathertech (non-digital cut) did lay completely flat. I haul stuff and my seats will be down most of the time, having a lip will not do.
I think they only had 1 model to choose from when I bought mine, but the lip is easy enough to trim off. I haul stuff around also. Heavy stuff. That stupid lip just gets in the way.

Thanks to dryart's suggestion, I think I'm going to look around for a thin piece of solid rubber that I can glue to the bottom of the weathertech liner. That should help prevent the weathertech from sliding around so much when cramming in heavy things & removing them.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:22 pm

I called my Nissan shop, but they didn't have the rubber floormats. So I ordered the weathertech ones with the cargo mat. I'll post pics as soon as I get them.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:31 pm

SPICOLI wrote:The cargo mats are really nice to have, but I think they're all made out of that harder plastic composite material that makes stuff slide around. I'm gonna have a look at the contactbrand stuff, thanks dryart.

I haven't had the Nissan mats for a long time, but I find them to be very well made and well fitting. The rubber is pretty thick, so I'm surprised to hear that they only lasted for 25K for SilverGhost. :lol:
i bought several rolls (2' X 20') of the Contactbrand material at Costco for about $10.00 each some time ago.
it also comes in smaller rolls to fit in drawers, such as in kitchen drawers.
my local Costco does not have it anymore, but if you contact through the link www.contactbrand.com they can likely point you in the right direction.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:38 pm

NVSteve wrote:
cbacarisse wrote: I thought the weathertech (non-digital cut) did lay completely flat. I haul stuff and my seats will be down most of the time, having a lip will not do.
I think they only had 1 model to choose from when I bought mine, but the lip is easy enough to trim off. I haul stuff around also. Heavy stuff. That stupid lip just gets in the way.

Thanks to dryart's suggestion, I think I'm going to look around for a thin piece of solid rubber that I can glue to the bottom of the weathertech liner. That should help prevent the weathertech from sliding around so much when cramming in heavy things & removing them.
NVSteve, the Contactbrand stuff will work great for that, and you don't even need to glue it on. it's very "rubbery/frictiony" and will stay put on it's own!
it's the kind of stuff that, once you try it for something, you'll find a billion different uses for it!!! :D

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:03 pm

Just in case you guys think I'm yankin' your chain about the wear on my driver's-side mat, take a look at these. That red thing is a WD-40 spray tube stuck through the hole I just discovered.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74502587@N ... otostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74502587@N ... otostream/

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:47 pm

WOW. I didn't expect that.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:04 pm

NVSteve wrote: Thanks to dryart's suggestion, I think I'm going to look around for a thin piece of solid rubber that I can glue to the bottom of the weathertech liner. That should help prevent the weathertech from sliding around so much when cramming in heavy things & removing them.
Steve, is your cargo area carpet or vinyl? If carpet, put some sticky-back velcro (the loop side) on the bottom of your cargo liner. It should get a death-grip on the carpeted surface.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:58 pm

SilverGhost, I'm amazed too!
I wonder if the material is softer in the color that you have.
Mine are the gray color, and have no sign of wear.
And i have big, klunky, size 15 feet! :)
Last edited by eieio on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:04 pm

dryart wrote:Silverghost, I'm amazed too!
I dunno, but I'm not buyin' another set, that's for damn sure! Unfortunately, the passenger and second row mats have rarely had a foot set on 'em, so they're still pristine. As my sig says, "should'a got WeatherTech."
Last edited by SilverGhost on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:06 pm

SilverGhost wrote:
dryart wrote:Silverghost, I'm amazed too!
I dunno, but I'm not buyin' another set, that's for damn sure! Unfortunately, the passenger and second row mats have rarely had a foot set on 'em, so they're still pristine. As my sig says, "shoulda' got WeatherTech."
certainly understandable!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 pm

SilverGhost wrote: Steve, is your cargo area carpet or vinyl? If carpet, put some sticky-back velcro (the loop side) on the bottom of your cargo liner. It should get a death-grip on the carpeted surface.
The back of the 2nd row of seats is carpet, but the rest of the cargo area is plastic. I've actually tried velcro before, using a couple different industrial grade glues, but the bond gets shot to hell after going from winter to summer. I think it's the summer interior temps that do the most damage. Not a big deal, just something to add to the "to do list." I snapped off one of my rear seatbelt holders (plastic) a couple weeks ago pulling out some large boxes, so I'm trying to figure out how to repair that one first.

I still say you must drive around with studded golf shoes, or at the very least, have a super twitchy foot.

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:32 am

I got the Weathertech lasercut in front back and rear. They all work great in the Pathfinder and fit perfectly in the front and back seats. The cargo mat does not have holes for all the tie-down hooks so I had to cut slits for them with a razorblade. When I am not using the hooks you really can't tell I made those cuts. If you can spend the cash I would highly recommend the molded mats though.

As a side note I did get laser/molded front and rear mats for my wife's Altima and the driver side mat doesn't fit quite right. They seems a bit smaller than the floor space.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”