2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE Bose Stereo R50 Hook up questions

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

iudigital

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE Bose Stereo R50 Hook up questions

Postby iudigital » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 pm

We are very excited we just bought my second Nissan this weekend. We bought a 2001 Pathfinder LE this join our family of 2006 350Z. We knew buying the truck that the CD changer does not work. Looking today, here is what I found and the questions I have for you guys.
1. We have the stock Bose stereo with CD changer. This is the URL to the stereo we have in the truck now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-B ... ioQ5fVideo

2. We found a 2002 Bose 1 piece Bose big den to possibly replace the entire stereo.

3. Questions: It appears the stereo systems are pretty much the same does anyone know if the wiring harnesses work say for our 2001 then placing a 2002-2005 Bose 1 Piece stereo in it's place? This is the URL to the one we want to put in the truck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-B ... fReceivers

Thanks - Gary :roll:

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:48 pm

I have a 2001 too and my head unit is from a 2004. I bought the truck like this from a nissan mechanic that had do this because of the high rate of breakage of the 2001 units with the cd unit being separate. This 2004 unit has the cd in the same unit and has been very reliable since I have it. The only thing different is with the steering control. There is 3 fucntions on the steering control for the radio (1) next track up, (2) next track down and (3) mode.

With the new unit, next track up and down becomes volume up and down. The mode button does not work. Considering the better unit and the trouble free I have, I prefer the way it is now...and I love being able to change volume without letting me eyes off the road.

S.

iudigital

Thanks

Postby iudigital » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 pm

I really appreciate your valuable inputs. Your evaluations were my assumptions and it is good to hear. I will look into a new Bose Head Unit and will point myself in the direction of an 2004. btw how do you like your 2001? - I have only had it for several days already I could not imagine a better truck. Thanks again!

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:06 pm

You're welcomed... I like it alot.. I have been with it for about 2 years and this truck is just perfect for me. I'm at 205Km and I trail quite a bit with it and it's been good to me... I now have locked the front too with arb and can't wait to try it in more rougher trails....

You can see my truck here : http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Avbird

Postby Avbird » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:32 pm

I have had a 2001 LE since it came off the boat and now with 113k. Its been a good reliable truck. It spends a considerable amount of time on trail and washboard and other than a tendency to really skip around in the back-end on washboard, its proven capable for my needs. I am still perplexed by the O2 sensor and cat converter issues that many have had at 100k. The other typical item you may have is failure of the air flow senor, which is common on this year and model. A little trick that I learned is to replace it with the Maxima part for the same year for under $100 as opposed to the $280 path part. Its the same dam part with a different number! I am now five years into this repair and the car ran better than it did new.

Incidently, my cd changer has been broken for 2 years. Decided not to mess with it.

Good Luck!
John

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”