Sunroof won't open

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pilotgeg

Sunroof won't open

Postby pilotgeg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:32 am

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have been searching around for this but it seems that I am the only one having this issue.

I have a 2006 Pathfinder SE and my sunroof will tilt open/close just fine, but when I try to slide it back, it drops partially, then goes back up. It's like it is binding on something. When looking at it from the top, it seems that it is in there too tight and can't drop down. If I push down on the back of the glass from the top, it slides back just fine, but it will not do it without assistance.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

Thanks!

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Sounds like it needs to be re-aligned. Take it in and have it looked at.

pilotgeg

Postby pilotgeg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Realigned? That would make sense. Hope it's not too expensive.....

S14sleeper

Postby S14sleeper » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah can you post the cost? Im having same issue. Dealership wanted $100+ just to diagnose it. Not even credited to repairs if need be.

This all at the same time i diagnosed the nissan faulty radiator/transmission failure ($5k fix).

pilotgeg

Postby pilotgeg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm trying to get the dealership to cover the cost. I just bought this 3 weeks ago and had this problem initially, but they were able to get it working for 2 weeks. Now it's happening again. I'll let you know what it is and what it costs if I take it in.... The think it is misaligned somehow.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:03 am

pilotgeg wrote:I'm trying to get the dealership to cover the cost. I just bought this 3 weeks ago and had this problem initially, but they were able to get it working for 2 weeks. Now it's happening again. I'll let you know what it is and what it costs if I take it in.... The think it is misaligned somehow.
I would fight them on this..especially since they said they fixed it..

pilotgeg

Resolved!

Postby pilotgeg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Well good news on the sunroof front. I took it to a dealer and told them the situation, they realigned it and it now opens fully at the press of a button! Here is the best news, they only charged me 1/2 hour of labor! So for less than $40, it's working again like new.

The even better news for me is that the place I bought it for is paying for the repair.

Hope this helps.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”