6 Speed swap?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

6 Speed swap?

Postby GOTGOO » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:15 am

Has anyone looked into a 6 speed swap from a frontier or xterra? In theory it should work since there all about the same... Right?

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:44 pm

I like it when you talk dirty like that.

That swap would be amazing 8) 8) 8) 8)

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:36 pm

The theory is there, but the mounts may not. 6 speeds are a rare breed for some reason. Thought about getting an X with a 6 speed, but couldn't find one in a 100 miles. If you find one, crawl under the look at the mounts. One other major challenge is the computer. If it's not getting input from the auto tranny, it will be all confused. I'm sure other countries have them with manuals, but for some reason Nissan didn't give them to the US. It may only need an adjustment in the computer settings, but that's a trip to the dealer and you still need to find a tech that is a wiz at the programmer.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 am

boogyman wrote:The theory is there, but the mounts may not. 6 speeds are a rare breed for some reason. Thought about getting an X with a 6 speed, but couldn't find one in a 100 miles. If you find one, crawl under the look at the mounts. One other major challenge is the computer. If it's not getting input from the auto tranny, it will be all confused. I'm sure other countries have them with manuals, but for some reason Nissan didn't give them to the US. It may only need an adjustment in the computer settings, but that's a trip to the dealer and you still need to find a tech that is a wiz at the programmer.
In europe gasoline powerd pathfinders only came with an auto.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm possitive you could use everything from a frontier and it looks like the speed-o senser is the same for all models (auto & man.). If my auto dies I will be forced to swap for a 6 speed. Now if somebody reads this who has lots of money and wants to buy everthing for me just send me a PM! :lol: J/K unless you really want to? To me this would the coolest swap ever!

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:53 pm

It's totally on my To-Do list someday...

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”