condensation?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jefbarn

condensation?

Postby jefbarn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:36 am

Hi,
I've noticed some strange water dripping from the roof where the sun visors attach. It's pretty annoying, as it drips right on my face while driving. I'm wondering if this is just condensation (sun roof also feels damp) or if maybe my windshield is leaking (it has been replaced a couple years back).

So, anyone else experience this?

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:59 am

Not here, but I haven't had mine replaced. It could be a leak around the top of the windshield if they didn't seal it correctly. The wind is probably pushing the water into the crack. See if the company that replaced your windshield has a warranty. They may fix it for free. If not it shouldn't cost too much.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Check your sunroof drains. If they plug up, the water does'nt drain & gets into the headliner.
The besr way my shop does it is to find the drains under the car & run some weed whip line up from the bottom. DO NOT used compressed air or wire as it may damage the drain hoses.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:01 pm

I have only experianced this one time, and it was during our trip in a blizzard through WV just before Christmas. The water was dripping from right where you are saying. Off of the clip that holds the visor up, and only on the drivers side. I couldn't tell what was causing it, but i just figured it must have had something to do with all of the ice. Never saw it before, and haven't seen it since.

I too have the sunroof, so my be worth checking the drains like NVRDONE mentioned.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”