brakes - what brand to go with?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

brakes - what brand to go with?

Postby disallow » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi All,

Well the pathy's got about 100k mi on it now, and the front rotors are warped. Would like to change out with something nicer than stock, but I'm not seeing many options out there.

Stock rotors, or their equivalents from my FLAPS, seem to be the only thing available. And local to me, they are about $100 - 120 each for front rotors.

Checked out RockAuto, they seem to be pushing Centric (never heard of em). There is a premium slotted from Centric, its ecoated to prevent rust. Sounds about right, but I'm not comfortable ordering them without a positive review.

Any thoughts out there? I'll probably end up doing the whole shot, front and rear rotors and pads.

Thanks
t

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:49 am

I'm still a little ways away from brake replacement (currently at 68k), but I think I'll just replace with OEM when its ready. I've been pretty happy with the life and stopping power, with just a slight bit of warpage so far.

With normal speeds less than 80 MPH I always run out of tire before I run out of brake, so I'm not seeing a lot of value in upgrading.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:11 am

my oem's got warped at 21k... got them cut by the dealer...

any one use Winhere rotors?

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 pm

I just replaced mine a couple months ago with EBC sport slot rotors and green stuff pads. They work great. Got them from autoanything.com with a coupon plus they were on sale.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:46 pm

x2 on EBC

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Check out www.stillen.com - they have some really nice brake upgrades for your PF. They have pad and rotor options I haven't seen in other online/local (Colorado) stores. I'm pretty sure their pads are made by Metal Masters. Not sure who makes their rotors. Stillen specializes in Nissan mods. They have a pretty solid reputation nationwide.

@boogyman - FYI -- I've had many friends with import cars and SUVs that have run EBC pad and rotor (a couple with just EBC pads) setups that have warped prematurely. Just a heads up. I hope you don't have the same problems.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”