Bad Engine Noise

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

D2Stew

Bad Engine Noise

Postby D2Stew » Mon May 17, 2010 9:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIkwVnBBD8I

My 2004 Pathfinder has made this bad engine noise twice after just getting the oil changed and the fuel filter changed, now I'm parked and have no idea WTF is happening, sounds like fuel injector? I thought i heard springs busting loose the first time, then it drove perfectly fine until today when i had to step on the gas in a hurry, any ideas?

youtube-dot-com/watch?v=bIkwVnBBD8I

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue May 18, 2010 4:53 am

it almost sounds like the fan hitting againt something. but i could be wrong. it's hard to really pin point the cause with out physically seeeing the vehicle. you might want to look to see if anything is obstructing the fan from spining normally. good luck..

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Tue May 18, 2010 5:40 am

Start by removing your 2 belts and see if the noise is still there. This will tell you if it's within the water pump, alternator, AC compressor... You will not be able to run it long like this but you do not need to. Also, the battery light might light up while you do this test.

If after this the noise is still there, it might be internal damage... Do you have excessive oil consumption ?

Return to “General Automotive”