Alarm horn issue

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

evo8dad

Alarm horn issue

Postby evo8dad » Sat May 22, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm having a weird issue with the alarm horn on my '05 R51. Normally when the lock button is pressed on the key fob the horn will beep once, however, the last week or so when I press the lock button the horn does not beep for some odd reason.

Anyone else have this issue before? If so what was the fix? I've looked through the fuses and haven't found any bad so I'm learning towards possible a relay or some sort.

The horns look to be wired off one another and they do work using the horn button on the steering wheel.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat May 22, 2010 10:38 pm

instructions for lock/beep programming are on pg 3-7 in the owners manual.
are your horns aftermarket?
the '05s (at least) only have one horn.

Npath

Re: Alarm horn issue

Postby Npath » Sun May 23, 2010 2:46 am

evo8dad wrote:I'm having a weird issue with the alarm horn on my '05 R51. Normally when the lock button is pressed on the key fob the horn will beep once, however, the last week or so when I press the lock button the horn does not beep for some odd reason.

Anyone else have this issue before? If so what was the fix? I've looked through the fuses and haven't found any bad so I'm learning towards possible a relay or some sort.

The horns look to be wired off one another and they do work using the horn button on the steering wheel.
walk up to your Pathfinder with your remote. Press both the "lock" and "unlock" buttons at the same time. Within 2 - 4 seconds, your horn will honk.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Re: Alarm horn issue

Postby mar1 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 am

Npath wrote: walk up to your Pathfinder with your remote. Press both the "lock" and "unlock" buttons at the same time. Within 2 - 4 seconds, your horn will honk.
yep! works both ways.

i use this method to "silently" lock my doors when i get home late.

evo8dad

Postby evo8dad » Sun May 23, 2010 11:35 am

Well than that was easy! Thanks guys, never thought it was somehing that easy. Now time to tell my kids not to do tha again ;-)

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Sun May 23, 2010 7:55 pm

this just happened to me as well... lol. i must have done it in my pocket over the weekend.

thanks guys :D

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”