Sunroof won't stay closed

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Cooper993

Sunroof won't stay closed

Postby Cooper993 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Is there some type of sensor switch in the sunroof? Today, the sunroof was in the tilted position and when I tried to close it, it closed then opened back up into the tilt position.

I tried shutting off the engine, that didn't help.

I was finally able to get it to close by pressing the button multiple times (start/stop) and then it finally closed.

I opened it again and it did the same thing. It has no problem closing if the sunroof is open all the way.

BamaRed

Postby BamaRed » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Check and make sure the arms that move the sunroof are attached to the frame. I had the problem where the arms had come loose and it would not close. Once it fixed the arms it was good to go. It was binding on the arms.

Just a thought...

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:38 pm

i have the same problem sometimes. i just open it after it tilts then it closes. i will check to see if all the components are still intact.

Cooper993

Postby Cooper993 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:54 pm

the problem was I couldn't close it from the tilt position to open it in the "all the way open" position. I had to keep toggling the switch on and off, closing it a little at a time, until it closed

swordmetal

Postby swordmetal » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Having installed aftermarket sunroofs for a number of years, it sounds like the rear seal on the glass panel is binding against the opening of the roofskin. Try closing the sunroof while standing outside the vehicle, keeping your eye on the rear seal. If it bunches up when contacting the roof, the glass panel needs to be adjusted forward. It could always be an internal mechanical problem as well, hard to say without looking at it.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”