Projector Headlights - Not the ebay ones

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

ConstantNRG

Projector Headlights - Not the ebay ones

Postby ConstantNRG » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:46 pm

I undertook a bit of a project this week and started to mold myself a set of projectors for the truck. I was looking at the front of my truck and got inspired so i ripped apart my headlights and got to work! they should be finished by next week, after paint and whatnot, but here is a pic of what they look like as of now, so let me know what you think

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:08 pm

Looks like a good start, what are you planning to do for Highbeams? I've wanted a set of HID projectors and would have done it with the Ebay jobbers except for that tardo "angel eye" ring. I saw a frontier with a HID kit this past weekend , looked fantastic but the limitations of the 9007 dual filiment means losing either my highbeams or involving a mechanical system that adds an aditional point of failure. Aside from the reflectors being designed for halogens. There was talk ealier on the board of Retro fitting a set of OEM HIDs from the Euro model but I think it ended up being either to expensive or not compatible...

ConstantNRG

Postby ConstantNRG » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:24 am

my advie is if you want the hid's, go for it! Ive had a set in the truck since last year and have never had anyone complain to me that they were blinding or scattered. Sometimes with stock reflectors you get lucky and the HID bulb will reflect right.The oem conversion is alot of effort and money for something thats really not going to be doing much. A $200 set of hids will give the same lighting and keep some cash in the pocket for more mods :D

as far as the high beams for this set i am using the set of piaa driving lights whih are the small ones in the corner closest to the grill. With the HID's ive never really had the use for "high beams" but i really will be using it more for flash to pass

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”