New Key Programming

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:14 am

It does have the immobilizer, if the key is not in and I hit brakes or what not it dies. Just thought it was weird how the un programmed key keeps it on but doesn't turn it on.

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:18 am

valenburg thanks for that info I did a quick search and found multiple forum posts mentioning Ace hardware programming keys for newer Nissan. Apparently they have a machine that can duplicate the key exactly rather than making a unique key and adding it to the vehicle. I will drop by my local Ace tomorrow morning and let you guys know whats up.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:48 am

A lot of the remote starters that i have seen want a key to hide under the dash because it needs it to send the signal to the computer in order to start the car. if that is the case than you would have to get that one reprogrammed also.

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:04 am

My local Ace hardware does not do chipped keys but they are all independent and have different services. I will have to keep an eye out I guess

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:05 am

None of the Ace hardware in my area do chipped keys but another local hardware store I contacted can do it for $69.99 including the key.

GbayPathfinder

Postby GbayPathfinder » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:51 pm

I had to pay just under $245 Canadian for a brand-new key and new remote both programmed as I lost a key and remote snowmobiling this winter. The worst part is that I got the lost key and remote back recently and the programming on the remote was changed. So now I have to go back and get the old remote programmed again! I really dont like the fact that this is a dealer only programmable system

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:25 am

GbayPathfinder wrote:I had to pay just under $245 Canadian for a brand-new key and new remote both programmed as I lost a key and remote snowmobiling this winter. The worst part is that I got the lost key and remote back recently and the programming on the remote was changed. So now I have to go back and get the old remote programmed again! I really dont like the fact that this is a dealer only programmable system
I found this instruction for programming remotes, haven't tried it yet though so somebody should correct if its wrong

IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard
Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder
each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press
the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming
procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side
power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should
flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

IntenseKarst

Postby IntenseKarst » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:40 pm

I am in the same situation as some of the previous posts.

I recently purchased a used 2008 V8 Pathfinder but it only came with one ignition key and one fob. I was able to purchase a new fob from amazon ($8.98) and then I reprogrammed the fob using a procedure I found online. It is working just fine. I also purchased a Nissan blank key ($11.83) from amazon and had it cut at my local ACE hardware store ($2). So far, so good, right ($22.81 for a new fob and key)?

Well, the issue is that I can't find any local locksmith that is able to program the new ignition key. A couple of them asked me for my "Pin Code". I have no idea what that is or where it comes from. They told me that they will need the Pin Code in order to be able to program the new ignition key. So, I contacted a local Nissan dealer who quoted me $108 for reprogramming my new key (a flat fee for reprogramming up to 3 keys). If I can find my Pin Code the locksmith said that he could program it for $70.

How can I find my Pin Code for my vehicle? Is this information that only a Nissan dealer would have? Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

IntenseKarst

Postby IntenseKarst » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:48 am

Update: I was tired of waiting for local locksmiths to get back to me with the pertinent information, so I called another nearby Nissan dealer just to see what their programming rate would be. They quoted me $48 for key programing! (compare that to the $108 price tag at the other Nissan dealership).

By the end of the day I had a working key and fob for the total price of $67.81.

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

I lost a key a few weeks ago and bought one on ebay for $11. brought it to dealer and the only charged me $65 to cut and program. other dealers wanted $120-$130.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”