Suspension Drop recommendation...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Kami

Suspension Drop recommendation...

Postby Kami » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi everyone, looking for help from those of you who have droped your pathfinder or know someone (looking at about 2" drop). If you can let me know if thats a good height (doing it to make the 22" wheels look better) and also the springs you used and if possibly pictures :)

Thanks in advance

Kami

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Didn't do it, but saw these today:
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -5662.html
Pathfinder Lowering Coils
SKU: LPHRS291041R51
$245.00USD
Pathfinder Lowering Coils

2005-2009 Pathfinder

* Kit includes front and rear lowering springs.
* Front coils lower your Pathfinder by 1.9"
* Rear coils lower your Pathfinder by 1.8"

Shinyboy

Postby Shinyboy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:45 am

Do you have the 22's on your rig now? I'm debating between 20 and 22 Or stock with different tires and would love to see pics.

wht06pf

Postby wht06pf » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Shinyboy wrote:would love to see pics.
Of the turbo setup as well since there's no pics on your Cardomain.

Kami

Postby Kami » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Shinyboy wrote:Do you have the 22's on your rig now? I'm debating between 20 and 22 Or stock with different tires and would love to see pics.
No do not currently have the 22" but to be honest theres so much clearance with the 22" thats why i want to drop it 2 inches.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:56 pm

If you lower your PF, make sure to buy heavier anti-roll bars/swaybars so your larger wheels don't travel too far into your wheel wells. They will also add to the street performance of your PF.

Also, as an off-road enthusiast, I wonder why you want to lower your PF? You could have bought other vehicles that were inherently more suited to street driving. Your thoughts/opinions are welcome here. Please indulge me...

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:19 am

The search function on this forum shows a few topics...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... t=lowering

The last one shows pics with H&R springs installed.

Kami

Postby Kami » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:02 am

IcedTeasley wrote:If you lower your PF, make sure to buy heavier anti-roll bars/swaybars so your larger wheels don't travel too far into your wheel wells. They will also add to the street performance of your PF.

Also, as an off-road enthusiast, I wonder why you want to lower your PF? You could have bought other vehicles that were inherently more suited to street driving. Your thoughts/opinions are welcome here. Please indulge me...
Iam all about creativity :).....I hate seeing 1 million of the same performance cars (i perfer suvs). So though why not gett something not even close to street performance ready and this way i get to do a little hands on work and create my own beast :). To be honest its not really for racing or to be clocking 200km/hr down the hwy, just wanted to do something different from everyone else.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:42 am

I'm considering this as well. I drive 60 miles of very twisty hilly roads and the handling on this beast isn't as good as I had hoped. While it hooks up pretty good...it gets damn scary if you make any defensive moves while going through a turn. Like if someone crosses the line on you...I've put Bilsteins on and it helped a bit but there's just too much wallow which has to be spring related.

I also need to get off-road at times for work. While I'm not scaling walls with this thing, I mainly just need to get out same very rutted mining roads that will destroy car-based vehicles. I would love to run a performance car on this commute (Car and Driver actually run tests on this same route) but that just won't work. So I want a true 4x4 that can handle as good as possible. I'm not sure if lowering is necessary but if it helps I'll go for it. My Tundra set higher than this and handled better...so I think it's just a matter of getting the right equipment.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 pm

4x4 parts says you can run those with stock shocks. I'm worried about going to a stiffer spring though. While the handling is sloppy, mine also jumps around a lot when hitting bumps...i'm wondering if it will be worse with a stiffer spring.

Anyone found any other springs? I'm not crazy about lowering if I can find a good quality progressive rate spring. But I've seen nothing.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”