What is this for? On the console...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Spamcan

What is this for? On the console...

Postby Spamcan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:16 pm

I replaced my radio this weekend (to a Clarion CX609 and a steering wheel control adapter from Crutchfield) which included a Bluetooth cell phone connection. The bad part (IMO) is the microphone is a wired one that you place wherever desired. I would have preferred a mic built into the head unit for best location to the mouth. Anyhow, I saw this hole/vent-like opening on the left lower half of the center console and contemplated using it for the mic. After removing the console covers, the space is some kind of device - wires to it and all. But I cannot figure out what it is. In the manuals or wiring diagrams I cannot find it - driving me nuts outta curiosity. I kinda thought a tweeter, but from behind it doesn't look like a speaker. But maybe it's just some kind of special housing?

In the pic below, it's @ a silver dollar round vent-like (louvered) hole almost directly left of the shifter. It's kinda in the shadow of the silver part, close to where the right-leg would be.

In this pic it's @ 3" below the hazard light button.

Anyone have a clue to this mystery device?

Oh, and in case you're wondering - LOVE the new radio!! When I bought my PF from the dealer last month, they had replaced the failed factory unit with a cheapie Pioneer.

cbsmith

Postby cbsmith » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:42 pm

That is the temperature sensor for the automatic climate control on the SE and LE models.

Spamcan

Postby Spamcan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Too funny - louvers and all...makes sense though! Thanks!! Now I can sleep... :roll:

LBC2005

Postby LBC2005 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Can you post a pic of the Clarion in your dash?

Spamcan

Postby Spamcan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 am

Here you go LBC2005 - posted in the electronics section.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3628

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”