97 Pathy Scanner Readings re: Catalytic Conv/EVAP

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

ifalldownalot

97 Pathy Scanner Readings re: Catalytic Conv/EVAP

Postby ifalldownalot » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 pm

i connected my snap-on scanner to my 1997 pathfinder and when i was running the diagnostics for the vehicle, my catalytic converter/evap systems read "not done".

also... B1-S2 and B2-S2 readings were a bit "lazy" (i believe that's the term for it). the readings barely changed compared to the readings from B1-S1 and B2-S1 sensors.

does anyone have any suggestions as to where i should begin?

previously, the scanner detected an error with the knock sensor and with the IACV/AAC valve, but those issues have been taken care of. currentlym no errors are being read by the scanner.

i'm just trying to get this readings fixed because i don't believe my pathfinder will pass the smog test if these errors show up.

thanks in advance!

Tech

Postby Tech » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 pm

- what you describe is not a lazy 02 - it's normal
- your cat/evap is not set because at some point in recent past, you cleared the codes (that or your ecm wiring is hooped)
- drive it some more, the drive pattern is specific, you may not have to have all of the monitors ready - the # depends on where you are and your local laws

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Your s2's sensors are good... Think about it for a sec... If your After cat o2 sensors were flipping up and down like your pre cat ones, this would mean your catalytic converters are not doing there jobs of removing the co2 from your burnt gases. What you want from your s2 o2 sensors is a nice almost straight line showing a steady amount of oxygen. (regular voltage)

180sx

Postby 180sx » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:57 am

Fluerys, go back to NPORA!! Lol.

X2 to what he said. you want steadyness on the second O2 sensor.

Jose

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:10 am

180sx wrote:Fluerys, go back to NPORA!! Lol.

Jose

Sir, Yes, Sir ! :shock: :D

ifalldownalot

Postby ifalldownalot » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 pm

awesome. thank you all very much for your input. apologies for the delay in thanking you. had forgotten my password to this site.
your cat/evap is not set because at some point in recent past, you cleared the codes (that or your ecm wiring is hooped)
i did clear the codes because i had changed out my knock sensor. i was getting an error code for that. so after i changed it, i cleared all of the vehicle codes with my scanner. and everything was a-ok. currently... my cat/evap is still showing not done, although there are no other codes being picked up by the scanner.

it's starting to suck thinking i might have to get some new cats. lots of $$$ on that one. :(

Tech

Postby Tech » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 pm

nothing you wrote makes me think you have any issues.....you just need to drive until the monitor goes to ready/complete. If there is an issue, the MIL will come on.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”