2006 Pathfinder Handling

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

CiK

2006 Pathfinder Handling

Postby CiK » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 am

Hello Everybody!

My wife and I purchased a new to us 2006 Pathfinder LE V6. When we test drove the Pathfinder, we didn't think about sitting in the back since that isn't where we thought we would be doing most of our riding.

We have a newborn baby and now my wife rides in the back from time to time. OK, all the time. :lol: I am now the chauffeur of my wife and baby. She has been making comments about how rough the ride is in the back seat and is worried.

I know this is a product of the Pathfinder sharing the platform with the Frontier, so I know there isn't much that can be done. Truck rides are truck rides.

Is there anything that can be done to improve the ride for them? Tires, tire pressures, shocks, springs, neck braces? :lol:

Tony

disallow
Site Admin

Re: 2006 Pathfinder Handling

Postby disallow » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 am

CiK wrote:Hello Everybody!

My wife and I purchased a new to us 2006 Pathfinder LE V6. When we test drove the Pathfinder, we didn't think about sitting in the back since that isn't where we thought we would be doing most of our riding.

We have a newborn baby and now my wife rides in the back from time to time. OK, all the time. :lol: I am now the chauffeur of my wife and baby. She has been making comments about how rough the ride is in the back seat and is worried.

I know this is a product of the Pathfinder sharing the platform with the Frontier, so I know there isn't much that can be done. Truck rides are truck rides.

Is there anything that can be done to improve the ride for them? Tires, tire pressures, shocks, springs, neck braces? :lol:

Tony
The pathfinder and frontier do not share rear suspension. Is the suspension stock? I would suggest starting with an inspection of the rear suspension to see if the shocks and springs are worn.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the Air Lift is a good add, and did help to stabilize the ride in the back of our 2005 SE.

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”