TPMS Malfunction or does it just need reset?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Jakobud

TPMS Malfunction or does it just need reset?

Postby Jakobud » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Bought a used 2007 Pathfinder not long ago. Everything about it has been in excellent condition.

I was getting it ready for a road trip last week and while I was at the gas station, I made sure all the tires were aired up to the recommended 35 psi thats listed on the inside of the door jam.

About an hour later, when I turned on the car, the TPMS light was blinking for 1 minute, then stayed on. The manual says that this means the TPMS sensor is malfunctioning.

I've done some forum and Google searching about this topic. Some pages and threads suggest that its not malfunctioning, but the TPMS system needs reset or re-calibrated.

So what's the deal? Is something broken or not? Does a dealer or Nissan mechanic need to fix this problem? Is it expensive?

CRXguy

Postby CRXguy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:17 pm

It just needs to be reset. Not sure how much it would actually cost, since mine was done under warranty.

GbayPathfinder

Postby GbayPathfinder » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:53 am

The system is suppose to do a self reset if there is a problem with pressure. You have to drive the vehicle at over 40 mph for a short period of time for the system to read the pressure.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”