Fuel level

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Fuel level

Postby disallow » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:49 pm

So today I filled up.

Let me qualify by saying that I give implicit instructions to every gas jockey that fills my truck up to stop at the first click. Due to my Vent Control Valve being screwed up, if you try to top off the tank, you just end up spilling (expensive) fuel everywhere.

That being said, I am pretty certain the top half of my fuel gauge is correct. When I get to 1/2 a tank, it takes 40L to fill up. 80L tank, so that makes sense!

Usually I get about 250-275km on a 1/2 tank of fuel.

I was running the tank lower today, as I am making a switch to 91 octane so I can do some towing of the camper tomorrow. Ran the tank down to 1/8 (should be ~10-15L in the tank) but it only too 57L to fill. The other thing I found odd was that I only got 360km, and it seemed like the bottom of the tank was going fast!

I know its only a 10L discrepancy, but was wondering if this is a symptom of the infamous fuel level sender issue?

t

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Are you not included in the recall?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:20 am

AZ_Path wrote:Are you not included in the recall?
Unless there has been an update to the info in this thread:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ght=sender

Then no, my 05 is not included in the recall. And from what I have read, Sender unit issues are not the recall, it has to do with sender position in the tank. Doubt thats my problem, as my fuel level always seemed accurate before.

Any updates to this recall? Is my info old?

http://nhthqnwws111.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/a ... 5-6094.pdf

Also, any Canadians get this recall done? I couldn't find the corresponding Transport Canada notification of recall.

t

jerry6

Postby jerry6 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:02 pm

YES hadit done lat year on my 07 after i had the same prob you're having

snakerupa

me too!!!

Postby snakerupa » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:47 am

Just started having fuel level sending unit problems also. I'll just keep it full, set the trip meter and hope for the best. I am finding my '05 to be a total piece of junk. Cooler failure at about 80K, cat. conv. failure at 102K, rear window motor failure at 70K, u-joint failure at 102K, mysterious front end noise at 105K. Been through 2 stock radios, running boards falling apart, and various interior and exterior CHEAP parts braking or falling off. This is how it was built, stock, with no aftermarket mods. Anyone want to buy a used Pathy???? :

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”