H.I.D. Lights

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Jab215

H.I.D. Lights

Postby Jab215 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:07 pm

I installed a Philips H.I.D. conversion kit on my car. for anyone thinking about doing this is works great and fits perfect in the oem headlight. only one problem, the rubber caps on the back of the headlights weren't designed for the length of the new headlight bulb. wut i tried was just streteching the cap over the end of the light bulb which worked for a while but somehow they popped off by them selves after a week of driving. im wondering if any company makes an after market rubber cap thats made for the new type of headlight on this car. i havent found any yet and for all the things that exist for upgrades and aftermarket parts this has to exhist somewhere. please post if u find this.

jsims907

Postby jsims907 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

i just installed a cheap h4 kit onto my 2004 yesterday and I think it was the same deal. instead of stretching the rubber boot i just pushed the bulb in as much as I could and it seemed to hold pretty well. i don't think it fully locked but i don't believe it will come out either but will keep an eye on them. it would have been possible to trim away a little bit of the boot but then if you went back to stock halogens, the boot wouldnt protect as well...

Jab215

Postby Jab215 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:41 am

actually wut i did was cut a hole in the back of the rubber caps cause mine were falling off. then i used electrical tape to make a good seal and thats worked perfectly.

jblum

Postby jblum » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:46 pm

How is the light quality with your new setups? I here that most of those are junk and only make the lights look blue, more dim, and create glare?

I also am jealous of the QX4, but know it is about impossible to modify QX4 HID into a Pathfinder.....

any input?

Jab215

Postby Jab215 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:03 pm

well if u want to spend some money i did the philips conversion kit with 4300k lights. they look pure white no blue at all. and theyre brighter than the stock halogens. there are many reasons why some kits are $50 and some are $260 like mine.

fastpathy35

Postby fastpathy35 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:01 am

4300k wont have any blue in it...or shouldnt. The brand shouldnt matter on color temp. Just quality and light output. The lower the color temp its gets more yellow, the higher, the more blue. With the exceptiion of purple, green, pink, and other odd colors. I have 6000k headlights, they have a very slight blue hue. My foglights are 3000k, they are very yellow. Both were bought from ebay for under $100 and have worked flawlessly for over a year now, and the light output is awsome. I may have just gotten lucky because i know a few people with bad turn outs from ebay kits. The biggest problem with the ebay kits, and its not so much a problem but they take longer to warm up than the more expensive brands. 5-7 secs instead of 3-5

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”