Just purchased a 05 SE and have a few questions

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

randytrish

Just purchased a 05 SE and have a few questions

Postby randytrish » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Hello all,
I just purchased an 05 SE 4x4 and have a few questions. Well let me tell you the story first. I've been looking for an AWD or a 4WD vechicle for about a month now. No specific brand. I came across this 05 Pathfinder w/88k miles from a private seller on Craigslist at a very attractive price. I did a little research and seen about the radiator failures. Went and looked at the truck. It ran and looked great with no sign of the radiator problem. The truck had been serviced regular, brakes and tires and oil. That's about it. One of my questions has to do with online vendors for parts. I noticed the second day I had it that my oil pressure guage was staying on High. I see that's a common problem. I also read about the AC lines corroding. In looking through some posts I found the following things to look for as possible problems.
1. Fuel level sensor
2. IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module)
3. A/C high pressure line
4. Catalytic converter (This was covered under the emissions warranty)
5. Oil pressure sensor

Here's a little more info on my truck:
05 88k miles SE off road package bose stereo rear air towing package running boards
This looks like a great forum and I believe I'm going to love my new Pathfinder.
Randy

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:24 pm

what about on line vendors for parts? courtesyparts.com good place to buy from. Enjoy the pathy.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Congratulations. I'm glad you researched the known problems right off the bat. The radiator/transmission issue can be prevented, which is nice because it is a big repair. Many of the others are minor for the DIY'er, or fairly rare. You'll likely recognize what it is if they ever crop up.

I use courtesyparts also. They've given me nothing to complain about.

randytrish

Postby randytrish » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. I've never used courtesyparts.com. I'll give them a try. I've read where some are bypassing the radiator cooler, I'm just going to replace mine.
Randy

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Courtesyparts.com is about the best on price and shippping, I use them quite often. Definately do the bypass on the radiator cooler, better safe than sorry :wink:

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:41 pm

randytrish wrote:Thanks for the replies. I've never used courtesyparts.com. I'll give them a try. I've read where some are bypassing the radiator cooler, I'm just going to replace mine.
Randy
You will have to replace the radiator assy. It's built into it.

randytrish

Postby randytrish » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:44 am

I am going to have the radiator replaced. I weighed the options and believe that I'll just replace the entire unit. The bypass is probably just fine though.
Randy

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”