Anyone have this key-fob horn report when locking issue?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Anyone have this key-fob horn report when locking issue?

Postby blink32 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:01 am

Today I noticed my Path does not report via the horn when I lock the doors. I also noticed that I don't see the lights flash. I know for sure the lights flashed as of yesterday morning when locking via the fob but I don't remember if I heard the horn or not. Anyone else have this issue?

Now I do know that you can turn the horn honk feature on and off via holding both buttons down for a few seconds to change modes. I did change the mode several times back and forth and this made no difference. The lights would either blink once and the horn would honk quickly when setting the horn mode, or the lights would blink 3 or 4 times with no honk in silent mode. But after that there would be no further blinking or honking regardless of mode. I went through the manual and it shows this special 5th option I am not getting in the display screen that is supposed to be there for those with Navigation like me. Apparently there are some settings there. Now that I think about it I am going to go back and re-read that section again.

Nothing has changed except on Tuesday I pulled a Darwin and had my auto-headlights on but never got out of the path. So for 2 hours while I slept the lights were on and drained the battery out. I will probably try pulling the + cable to reset everything today anyways and see if that makes a difference but figured I would post and ask if someone else has had this problem.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:56 am

So I got the mystery 5th option to show up on screen, you need to turn the vehicle to the ON position not just ACC. Still never got the horn to report. I have since pulled the battery cable and I'm letting it sit for a while and I'll see what happens.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:22 am

Never had this problem. Good to know about being able to change the settings with the buttons though. My little guy loves to play with the remote, so if it changes we know why.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:39 am

I'm 99% sure it turned out to be a PEBKAC error. The rear hatch wasn't closed all the way, but far enough to not move. Must have been a built in fault that it wouldn't let the lights or horn honk. I didn't notice until after pulling the power. It didn't work normally until I re-closed the hatch. Doh.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:21 pm

xxx
Last edited by Gray on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:17 pm

I hopped in the PF today after a soccer game, turned it on & got this excrutiatingly loud beeping noise. 3 beeps, a pause, then repeat. It was so loud that I had to cover my ears, almost like it was going through the audio system at full blast-even though my CD was playing at the same time & at a low volume. The only thing I did, which I seem to do all the time, is turn on my headlights when I really wanted to turn on my wipers. I did this pretty fast, so I wonder if I started some sort of programming sequence. Anyway, turned off the car, started it up again & all is fine.

danny

Postby danny » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:16 pm

rear hatch? Mine is hard to shut with all the doors closed.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:07 am

Blink, the lights won't flash is a door is slighly ajar, anywho to defeat of turn on the horn when locking the doors you just hold the lock and unlock buttons simultaniouslt for 3 sec or more.

Return to “R51 Electrical”