Copper crush washer size?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pauljygrant

Copper crush washer size?

Postby pauljygrant » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:00 am

Hi all,
Here in Australia, the dealership wants to charge $4 for the oil sump crush washer!!! Out of principle, I'm not prepared to pay that but none of the auto shops can tell me what size of washer I need.
Does anyone have a spare genuine washer lying around that they could measure for me?
Also, are the washers for the gearbox / transfer box the same size?
Thanks, Paul

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:32 am

Sorry. I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure the washer size for engine oil drail plug and AT fluild drain plug are the same size. If you have MT, (I don't know if you do in Australia), I thought that transmission drain plug doesn't have a washer?

I had 2001 Xterra before. The crush washer for engine oil drain plug and AT drain plug were the same. And, the same size scrush washer is used on my '09 Pathfinder engine oil drain plug.

pauljygrant

Postby pauljygrant » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks for initial reply. Nissan sell both M/T and A/T models in Australia. i have the Auto model.
I am not sure what servicing the car had before I purchased it but since it now has 100,000km's, I want to change every oil on the car for my own peace of mind. Since this will be the first time that I will be doing a full fluids change over, just want to be prepared and have all the consumables, washers, etc before I start.
Regards, Paul

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:51 pm

I dont have a pair of calipers to measure one. Have you tried ebay? I bought a bag of 10 for less than $10, way cheaper than the dealer.

I know I used the same washer for the transmission drain plug....I just cant remember if I used the same for the differential. Im thinking not, but I honestly dont remember for sure.

Tech

Postby Tech » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:37 pm

The diffs are larger aluminum gaskets that don't "crush" like the M12 (I believe) copper ones on the trans and oil pans.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”