Extended Warranty

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Kami

Extended Warranty

Postby Kami » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi guys been w hile since a post, wanted to see if anyone experienced this.....So when i bought my Pathfinder in 07 i bought the extended warranty (3 to 5yrs and 75000 miles) from the dealer in the states (bufflo) which the sales guy advised me that it would work.

but recently went to the dealer to have the heat sheild replaced and they said casue it past the 30000mile mark (current 45000mile) they said that the extended warranty does not work in Canada (had to pay for repairs $50). Also that if someone bought the same warraty in Canada and went to the US the same thing applys!?!

So will be calling Jeff tomorrow to rain down some hell is this is true...if anyone can offer any similar experiences and what was the outcome.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:22 am

Most (not all) car salesman will tell you anything they can to get the sale. By the time you find out they were lying it's too late. How far are you to a US dealership? Is driving to a US dealership an option for you?

Kami

Postby Kami » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Yea its alright, I live in Toronto and Bufflo is the closest Nissan dealer...2 hr drive max (with speed limit ;)
lol

Return to “General Automotive”