Michelin Rebate coming

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Michelin Rebate coming

Postby skinny2 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Just spoke with my tire dealer and there is a $70 Michelin rebate coming 10/14 when you buy four tires.

I decided to go with the LTX M/S2 this round as it seems to be the highest rated tire for everything I need, particularly snow traction. I was quoted $848 mounted/balanced (not including tax) and then I'll get the $70 rebate on top of that. Not bad.

FWIW, Tirerack would be $811 before the rebate and then I have to pay for someone to mount them. Unless someone will mount/balance four tires for $37....doesn't seem like a good deal in my book.

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:52 am

Doooahh... I just had a set of Michelin LTX A/T2's installed last week. Oh well, I ended up at $696.28+tax mounted/balanced/lifetime balance/lifetime rotation/Nitrogen fill. Not going to complain about that too much.

I also did shocks too, got the Monroe Shocktober Fest rebate there (about $79).

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:46 am

amr40509 wrote:Doooahh... I just had a set of Michelin LTX A/T2's installed last week. Oh well, I ended up at $696.28+tax mounted/balanced/lifetime balance/lifetime rotation/Nitrogen fill. Not going to complain about that too much.

I also did shocks too, got the Monroe Shocktober Fest rebate there (about $79).
I'm guessing you have the 16's?? If that's a price for the 17's it's phenominal. The 16's are $150 cheaper on tirerack...so that would make sense.

How do you like them so far? Everyone seems to praise them. I used to be a big Michelin fan but had a hard time justifying the price in recent years. Had great luck with Coopers and thought about going with them again but decided the raving reviews on these were worth the try. I like that they're siped because I'm driving some nasty roads in the winter.

Kami

Postby Kami » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:21 am

Yea just had my LTX M/S2 installed, but would have been nice if that was avaliable here in Canada :(

But i love the tires so much!!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:14 am

Finally got the Michelin MS/2 installed this week along with a good alignment. These tires make a HUGE difference in how smooth the PF drives on the road. This thing almost feels like a luxury vehicle as all my suspension noise (or what I thought was suspension noise) is nearly gone. I had the OEM General Grabbers before and apparently they make a lot of clunking/banging noises over the bumps. With the exception of really big bumps, there's very little noise from the tires/suspension.

I'll have to wait for some weather but the reviews are very good on how these perform in snow/ice. The OEM generals had between 4-6 32nds on them at 35k miles so not the worst wear for the way I drive. They were getting very slippery in the wet though. So far I highly recommend these very expensive tires!

GbayPathfinder

Postby GbayPathfinder » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 pm

skinny2 wrote:Finally got the Michelin MS/2 installed this week along with a good alignment. These tires make a HUGE difference in how smooth the PF drives on the road. This thing almost feels like a luxury vehicle as all my suspension noise (or what I thought was suspension noise) is nearly gone. I had the OEM General Grabbers before and apparently they make a lot of clunking/banging noises over the bumps. With the exception of really big bumps, there's very little noise from the tires/suspension.

I'll have to wait for some weather but the reviews are very good on how these perform in snow/ice. The OEM generals had between 4-6 32nds on them at 35k miles so not the worst wear for the way I drive. They were getting very slippery in the wet though. So far I highly recommend these very expensive tires!
They will be much better in snow then the General's that come stock. I switched to Michelins and I will never go back those stock tires are junk. You are right about how quiet the PF is after they are installed all or most of the road noise is gone and the ride is softer I find. The only downside is that the Michelin's are not great in an ice/snow mix but I was not expecting them to have the ability of a full on winter tire

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:33 am

GbayPathfinder wrote:
They will be much better in snow then the General's that come stock. I switched to Michelins and I will never go back those stock tires are junk. You are right about how quiet the PF is after they are installed all or most of the road noise is gone and the ride is softer I find. The only downside is that the Michelin's are not great in an ice/snow mix but I was not expecting them to have the ability of a full on winter tire
Michelin is pitching the M/S2 as improved snow/ice traction over the M/S so hopefully that is true. I've put about 400 miles on these already and the only thing negative I can say is my gas mileage has dropped about 2-3mpg. Hoping that's just an anomaly as I didn't expect that big of a hit.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”