ATF Fluid

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

HillbillyJake

ATF Fluid

Postby HillbillyJake » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:56 pm

I was doing some checking around yesterday for ATF fluid so I can change the transfer case. Castrol and Valvoline both have fluids rated for Nissan matic-D and matic-J. the ones from Castrol are their High Milage ATF and Import multi vehicle. and Valvoline has their Maxlife Dex/Merc ATF. all three are around 5 dollars a quart. I am going to use the Castrol High Milage. it is a lot cheaper than the 9 dollars that the dealership wants. I hope this information helps.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: ATF Fluid

Postby disallow » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:16 pm

HillbillyJake wrote:I was doing some checking around yesterday for ATF fluid so I can change the transfer case. Castrol and Valvoline both have fluids rated for Nissan matic-D and matic-J. the ones from Castrol are their High Milage ATF and Import multi vehicle. and Valvoline has their Maxlife Dex/Merc ATF. all three are around 5 dollars a quart. I am going to use the Castrol High Milage. it is a lot cheaper than the 9 dollars that the dealership wants. I hope this information helps.
I'm always so tempted to buy cheaper fluid, and at the last minute I chicken out and pay through the schnaz for Matic-J. And I can get the fluid for practically free from my work.

Same thing on my Honda.

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”